New doll: Barbie Fashionista with vitiligo plus life update

Wow, suddenly June. I think it was February two days ago and I moved here. Where has it all gone this week? The school year isn't officially over yet, but most of my projects and courses are. In fact, I already know that I have passed at least 70% of my courses, even if the official grades will not be released before July. Now that I've calmed down a little, I thought I'd come and tell you a little about my new doll.

Barbie Fashionista with vitiligo


A few weeks ago, when everything was back to normal, I looked at Amazon and saw some dolls for sale. I got a beaded fashionista for around 10 euros (instead of the 14 euros they should sell today) and also got a BMR1959 curved doll. I'll write a dedicated article on BMR mannequins when I dig deeper and make comparisons.

I haven't bought many dolls in the last couple of years, not only because I don't have a huge budget for dolls right now, but also because I can spend more time and have so many dolls that I can only buy dolls. from. that really caught my attention. And luckily I've noticed some dolls lately. However, this particular doll has kept me hooked ever since Mattel started teasing me in his @barbiestyle posts . Of course I had to, and we finally made it!


He has such a sweet and gentle face. It has a carnival statue which I don't like very much, but I think it's beautiful. The patches on her face look like part of her visor / paint, which has a glossy finish.

Barbie fashionista 135 with vitiligo


Aside from her face, she has spots on her shoulders and both arms. I took it to see if it had more bandages but it only has what you can see in the pictures. I don't think you can complain too much about the $ 10 doll. I've also noticed that the arms are more flexible than other fashionistas, but I'm not sure if it's the same doll or the last one. It may be easier to paint stains on these rubberized plastics than on harder ones.


I am very happy with this doll and had a lot of fun photographing it. Her face is quite expressive, which makes up for the lack of articulation. I could turn Made To Move Yellow into a trunk and paint the stain with faceted paint, but that's no little Barbie anymore. I think I'll leave it as it is for now.



Overall, I thought it was a pretty special doll and worth the price I paid. The quality isn't great, but it's better than any other doll Mattel has sold recently. The dress is quite nice and fits well, even if the print is not what I would have chosen. It's pretty simple and I can't help but think this dress would be so easy to recreate if you ever learn how to sew.



In news other than dolls, we are making slow progress inside the house. The whole block took us by surprise and we couldn't get the food we needed for the house, nor did we go back to our old house to make changes. Until 2 weeks ago I couldn't choose the background I used for the photo. I don't want to complain too much because the situation is really bad and it's just a small inconvenience, but I think it's okay to get back to normal and put things right.

We went to the doll room. Eventually all my dolls were on the shelves but they sat down because I couldn't find a stand for my dolls. I still have to stock up on clothes and accessories, but I will have to wait until the end of June.



As I pointed out in my previous post , I have a small office where I study and work. Mr. When Monster started working from home, we set up the folding table we got from my grandparents' house (one of those things you keep "just in case") and set up a garden chair for him to take. have your own small workplace. Our original plan was to get one of those height-adjustable tables, which I got pretty short. But due to the situation we still can't find one, so we have this large resin table for sale from Carrefour and will be using it in our workplace for a while. . It's a bit low for me, so I have my laptop on a piece of Styrofoam that came with the power kit. We don't know how long it will take Mr. Monster to work from home, but that's enough for now. I also have a fruit cart waiting to be tidied up and I will put some craft materials in it.



The dollhouse and the rooms still need a lot of work, but we will. Ikastola doesn't expire until the end of June this year (I think 26 or 27), so I don't think I'll post much until then. I have some ideas for publications and am excited to try ideas for my background, but I can't go to the craft store. Can't wait to come back with more creative articles in early July.

Thanks to everyone who joined the idea of ​​finding bloggers . I was hoping it would fail, but I'm glad some of you thought it was a good idea. If you haven't and want to join us, don't hesitate. There is no time limit. Check out their posts, they have great recommendations: Barb , Linda , Dollsdolour , Pixie Dust Dolls . Also, a lovely lady named Dorothy left a message in the comment section of my previous post.

I hope everything goes well and I will "see" you as soon as possible.

monstrous craft



See this post:


Let's keep in touch

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url