Making glasses for Monster High dolls

Hello vampires!

It's the end of February, I can't believe it! The new semester is just around the corner, so unfortunately I won't be able to post normally until June. I try to come here at least once a month but I can't say anything.

I want to share with you some of the crafts I'm making today: sunglasses. I'm trying to do a short tutorial on this, but this craft isn't perfect. Also, I hope I took more and better photos during the process! I got this idea from one of my favorite Monster High characters, Gualia Yelpos.


For this craft I used cardboard, glue, nail file, a perfect knife and craft paint. For children reading this, you should seek adult help.

So I started drawing glasses on cardboard. I took the shape and size of the glasses. Fold the cardboard and draw half a glass to get a balanced picture. Then there is the template for cutting.


Copy the pattern and paste it over the cardboard several times. I think I'll cut it into 4 or 5 parts for my design. Also, I figured it would be easier to cut the inside of the cup first, then the outside.

how to make glasses for monster high dolls

Glue the pieces together and sand the edges until smooth. I had trouble with it because my wounds weren't very clean and it was difficult to get in the glasses.

Then draw the sides of the glasses. I stretched out my first picture and then tried on the doll to see how wide it was cut. Copy your design, cut and paste all the pieces as before. I used 3 pieces for each side.


Now it's time to put all the pieces together. First, I suggest trying on a pair of sunglasses and adjusting if necessary. The temples of my glasses are a bit longer and I have to shorten them a bit.




When the glue is completely dry, paint the jars with the color of your choice. I painted myself red because I didn't have red glasses for my doll. If you want you can decorate it with posters!


And after the paint has dried, our dolls can enjoy the new glasses. Gwalya seems very happy with them.

Ghoulia new doll glasses

My glasses are perfect and look more like clothing than actual glasses, but the Monster High line isn't a true puppet line. I think I can improve this craft by developing the glass design and techniques. Cardboard may not be the best material for making doll glasses. I thought about the craft bubble, but it may not be on the doll's head.

If you want to further develop this craft and make your own doll glasses, don't forget to show us the photos!

Blog fast!

MC



Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url