Making glasses for Monster High dolls

Good nightmare!

I can not believe it is the end of February. A new semester will start, which means I will not be able to publish regularly until June. I will try to come here at least once a month, but I can not promise you anything.

I want to share with you a little craft that I am working on today: doll glasses. I'm trying to make a small tutorial on how to do this, but this craft is not perfect. I wish I could take more and better photos during that time. One of my favorite Monster High characters, Ghoulia Yelps, inspired me.


For this craft, I used cardboard, glue, nail polish, a precision knife, and hand-painted paint from a box of cereal or cake. For children reading this, you need to ask adults for help.

So I started painting glasses on cardboard. I picked up the Ghoulia glasses and the size I already had. Fold the cardboard so that the egg is symmetrical և take half of the cup. Then cut to get the template.


Transfer the design to the cardboard several times and cut it. I think I cut 4 or 5 pieces for my design. I also thought that it would be easier to cut the inside of the glasses first, then the outside.

how to make glasses for monster high dolls

Glue the pieces together, sanding the edges to make them smooth. It was difficult for me to do that, because the wound was not so clean, it was difficult for me to fit in my glasses.

Then draw the edges of the cup. I lengthened my first picture and then tested it with my fake to see how much I needed to cut. Copy your design, cut all the pieces, paste them as before. I used 3 pieces on each side for the sides.


Now it's time to glue all the parts together. I would recommend testing the glasses on counterfeit first and making adjustments if necessary. The edges of my glasses are still a little long, I have to sand them a little.




When the glue is completely dry, paint the glass the desired color. I painted it red because it was a nightmare, there were no red glasses. If you wish, you can decorate it with album paper.


After the paint dries, our dolls will be able to enjoy their new glasses. He seemed very pleased with them.

Ghoulia new doll glasses

My glasses are far from perfect, they are more than just real clothes, but the Monster High series is not a real doll series. I think I can improve this skill by working on spectacle design և techniques. Cardboard may not be the best material for making glasses for dolls. I thought about handmade foam, but it probably won't stick to the doll.

If you want, I advise you to take more of these crafts և make your own doll glasses, but do not forget to show me the photos.

Write a blog as soon as possible.

MC:



Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url