Doll review: Porter Geiss

Hello my pop lovers, what are you doing?

Sorry, I haven't posted anything before, but the house needs cleaning from time to time, and mine really needs it. Also this week I am not very motivated to write anything, I am very disappointed with the world of dolls. I don't have a very good experience with Mattel customer support, despite the good experiences of others. As you probably understand, I did not expect to get into this blog and talk about your products.

But let's forget about customer support and move on to reviews. Today I'm going to review Porter "Paintergeist" Geiss from the Monster High Haunted series. From this series, I reviewed Kiyomi Haunterly and River Styxx, you can read them here and here. Porter is the son of a poltergeist who attends the ghost school at Haunted High. To be honest, this ghost doll is quite ironic as it took me a hundred years to find it, while other collectors tell me they have seen it in some stores. I ended up buying it on Amazon and thanks to the great Spanish postal service it arrived later than expected so I wasn't able to test it until I went to college.



Porter is an artist and loves to paint anything he gets his hands on with ghost paint, hence his nickname The Painter. He seems to be always in custody.
Porter's box is the same as Kiyomi and River's. I love this box style because it shows the whole wrist and also I love the curly chain.


There is a small porter on the back of the box... in several languages, but mine. I'm not surprised because this doll is from Germany.


To be honest, I think Porter's work is prettier than the original doll.


And finally out of the box.


Porter has light green translucent plastic skin like Kiyomi and Vandala. Her hair is also green and it doesn't really contrast with her skin since they are both the same color. I don't like his haircut either, but it's not the worst haircut I've seen on a doll.


One of Porter's arms is shaped like a spray can.




Porter wears this chain over his shoulder to hold two spray cans. It's a little weird because it looks like a backpack from the front, but when you flip it over, there's nothing on the back.


I removed the chain from the paint box to get a closer look at Porter's clothes. He wears a gray short-sleeved shirt with pink and blue paint on the chest and sleeves. It was as if the paint she was wearing was accidentally exposed. His shirt was long enough to be tucked into his pants.


Like 90% of Monster High dolls, Porter wears shorts. They are actually very nice, they have a brick wall pattern and some paint, but the waist is too low.


He also wears a chain belt that is supposed to go down to the bottom of his thighs, but always goes up. It has some nice details, like this color palette.


Unlike the girls in Monster High, the boys' shoes were nothing special. They are made of clear blue plastic to give them a "spooky" look, but I think they would look better in other colors. It's not a very trendy design, but it's pretty cool, and at least he's not wearing sandals like Jill Webber in the Manster suit.


Porter is not the best doll in the Monster School series, and I was not very attracted to him when he appeared, but I wanted to get as many monsters as possible. I don't like the fact that Mattel pays less attention to boys than to girls. It seems that most of them also play the role of "friends" or "love interests" instead of having a personality of their own.

Porter Geiss doll review

Bottom line: I don't like Porter, but I'm not too crazy about him. I love the fact that he's an artist and loves art because that's an important part of his personality and not just "a ghost who loves ghosts".


Haunted Porter Geiss


And by the way, my Haunted collection is complete:

Haunted Monster High Vandala Kiyomi River Porter

So what do you think of Porter? Is it in your collection?

MS
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url