How to Paint a Watercolor Wash Background

How to draw a watercolor background


It is very interesting to work with watercolors. I love washing underwear with watercolors. They are suitable for candy, abstract art, gift tags and more. Follow me on Instagram to see what I did with this watercolor!

The best thing about this strategy is that it is almost impossible to intervene in it! It's perfect for all ages and all skill levels!


Here is a video tutorial on how to draw a watercolor background:




Tools needed to wash watercolors:


Dr. F. Tonar. Bombay Indian martens
watercolor paper
1 inch wide flat brush
Water
scarf or cloth
paint tape
paper board or plate
Bib (I never use it and sometimes I regret it)


You know:

I use Dr Ph Martens Bombay India toner . They are very vibrant and retain most of their color while drying. It also dries the shiny type. You can do this technique with any watercolor... but you will lose the subtlety, and with some watercolors the final result will be straw.

Step 1:

First, cut the paper to the desired size. I like the 5" x 7" size, which is easy to sweat frame...fold into a postcard shape...or cut out for a bookmark or gift card.

Step 2:

Then paste the paper on a waterproof work surface. If you don't know how to write with ink on your desk... you shouldn't! Take a piece of plywood trim from the garage or a neighbor and glue your paper onto it. Then put it in a plastic bag and work.

Step 3:

Ink refill plate. It's so fluid, is it a word? It's a liquid so be careful when filling the well...a little bit of ink takes a long time...I almost filled my top and more than doubled the watercolor, you see in the photo below.


Step 4:

Now use a brush and clean water. Spread a layer of water on the paper. Do not fill the paper completely. I used an old teacup for my cup of water...and then accidentally drank it while working!


Step 5:

Now dip the brush in the desired ink color and draw on paper with water.
Add the correct extra color. (Again, watch the video above if it doesn't make sense)

color combination:

Some colors match well... others don't. Do you remember how you learned to mix colors in elementary school? You know, red and yellow make orange... blue and yellow make green... and red and blue make purple. These are wonderful colors that can be held close to the water as they merge into a new color.

It is better not to combine additional colors (contrasting colors on the color wheel table)... for example: red and green (although I did it in the video), violet and yellow... and orange with blue. When these colors are mixed, it becomes brown or clay, which we call.



Another great mixing tip is to use mixed colors in a rainbow... or a group of 3-5 people in a color circle. Stunning looks in red, orange and yellow sheets. Yellow, green and blue are my favorites. Blue, Green, Purple Work!

Be creative and try! Let the *big* kids play around with some hands-on color theory. (Disclaimer: My kids are older... My son is 11... So I don't remember what little kids can do... It's ink... so it gets messy.)


Step 6: Wait for the paper to dry completely. You can use a hair dryer to speed up the process...but I usually have a lot of other stuff. I'm busy with some tasks, so taking a few minutes isn't that important.

If the watercolor paper is wet, it will wrinkle a bit. Duct tape helps hold the shape while it dries...so stick to it while it dries.

Step 7: Finally remove the masking tape and enjoy the magic of mixed ink! I like how the colors rotate, move and blend.


Find and fix errors:

If this technique is difficult for you... I think you are not using enough water. It is strange to apply a layer of water on paper, but this technique works.


Now add quotes to some handmade letters, use them as gift tags, hang them as artwork, cut them into bookmark pieces, or fold them into handmade postcards. The color is bloody and it blends well!


What color do you mix first?


Hey!

Like, pin and share













Facebook is a social network Follow me on Pinterest Youtube Instagram Indonesia
The amount
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url