How to: Mix 'n' Match backgrounds part 2

Hello friends, I hope this epidemic is good in the summer (or if you read me from the Southern Hemisphere in the winter).

As you know, if you read my last article, I'm in a really bad mood this summer, and I'm working on a number of projects, including making doll decorations and accessories. You see a little mix'n'match in the first part of the background. When the idea for Mix'n'Match came to my mind, I was trying to figure out how to create different backgrounds without taking up too much space. I do not know about you guys, but I do not have room for 20 different dioramas ցուցադր to show photos և I think many people have the same problem. So what can I do to change the look of the background with some materials? The answer is billboards.


If you read the first part, և it's not your tea, this article may be for you as this background will be more realistic. Now I was completely denying it, last year I thought I was doing college work, renovating my house. But a few months ago I stumbled upon Boneke's post saying that he did something very similar. Maybe coincidence, maybe cryptomnesia, վստահ I'm sure it was not my idea. Although I do not know Spanish, I suggest looking at his manuscript. He uses a different material than I do, so it might be interesting for you to see another technique.

For this craft I will use the same craft materials I used in my previous post: board, glue, cutters ներ craft paint. There was confusion in the previous post about the name of this board. I did some research, և this clipboard is commonly used on book covers as well as on notebooks, so maybe you can look it up as a "must-have". For the Spaniards this poster is called "cartón contracolado", but the lady of the shop calls it "cartón encolado". We hope this clarifies everyone's questions about cardboard. Now let's start with DIY.

I started building a new wall. If you already have one, you can skip this step. I adjusted my size to 65x50 cm (25.6x19.7 inches), which is quite large, but since I want to bring joy to the room, I prefer it to be too large. If this size is too big for you, you can always reduce it.


I adjusted my cutting technique a bit. I learned that the best way to work is to stand up and not put too much pressure on it. Because my cutting matrix is ​​so small, I first cut along my lines without a rug, then repeat: Then I continued to slide the mattress over the board until the knife was completely cut. It's hard to put into words, but I'm under the same pressure as touching someone. I found this video to help you get a better cutting technique (sorry, in Spanish).


Then I dry it on both sides with lime, let it dry for 24 hours. I forgot to get stuck in this part and paint, but fortunately it was not necessary.

Now is the time to choose my favorite part, the colors. In the first part I did something very unusual for me ընտր I chose a neutral color. I wanted this wall to be more realistic than my usual background, so I thought beige might be a good choice. I used a cool brown shade from Americana Acrylics called Sackcloth .

Burlap Americana Acrylics sample craft

On the other hand, I would like to go with something more colorful, but it can still be real. I switched from Americana Acrylics to Sea Breeze. It sounds a little darker than I expected, but I still think it's quite realistic. Otherwise I still love this color.

Sea Breeze Americana Acrylics sample craft

Now it's time to start working on the boards. I'm not sure what her name is, I recently saw something like this in Barbie diorama , so I asked her. He confirmed that it is called a panel. However, I did some research and found that the panel is a kind of panel, usually the same height as the chair. I do not know if my panel will fit as a panel, but I'm sure it will.

I wanted my billboards to be the size of a doll, so I decided to use the doll as a guide to make it 18 cm (7.09 inches) high. For this section, you want to make sure your cut is as clean as possible as it will be more visible.


Now we need to cut 3 long strips the width of our panels to have top / bottom cuts for broom / wall plinth panels. I made 1.5 cm (0.59 inches) and two 1 cm (0.39 inches). You can skip this step անել do it with ice cream sticks, but I do not want them to have seams. There should be 4 such pieces.


I painted everything with chalk before gluing the pieces. I do not know if it is necessary, but I'm worried that the lady in the craft store soaked the glue և she did not apply it properly because she said I could use the glue as a base. I painted both sides of the board so that it would not be mistaken. Ignore the last part, this is for another DIY.


Be sure to paint the edges as well.


Now it's time to glue all the pieces together. If you have a defect, be sure to leave it unnoticed. First, I glued most of it under the panel with white glue. Personally, I like to apply glue with a brush, then press everything down. I let it dry for a few minutes and then moved on to another section. When I put it in place, I squeezed it slightly with my finger from the ends and gradually gained weight.


We are almost done. Now it's time to paint the panels. I decided to make it white as it will go well with any color. I can always do more with other colors in the future.


Here is the finished part. At first glance, I found this very easy. Maybe I should put some parts on the floor or use a darker color. But since it is the first time, I do not want to make it difficult. In the future I can always add or decorate additional decorations.

Now it's time to see how he looks in front of the camera. Let's start with the beige walls. I glued the panels to the wall using a small wallpaper cupboard so they could be easily removed after taking the photo. This is Blake.

Now remove the panels և paste the base plate / cinnabar. I brought furniture to make it more realistic. Funny fact. the foot of the left shelf does not even stick, I put it on the white floor in contrast.

Easy doll diorama color burlap

Let's turn around or go to the wall and see what our favorite "Sea Breeze" looks like in front of the camera. In this photo I added a gray shelf I made in Upclycling. a tea box that will turn into a doll furniture . I did not have many accessories or decorations, so I brought a pair of colored shoes. I'm not going to lie, but I like the way it looks.


Without the panels, it looks brighter. In the first few photos I took, Chloe looked very orange on this wall, but I corrected that by putting a warmer tone on my ring light. Apparently, my phone found the scene too cold, trying to compensate by heating things up.

I was curious to see what this sign would look like on the wall, so I quickly took a picture with Victoria. I like the contrast, but I think the walls should be covered with matte varnish, it seems too open.

Overall, I'm very happy with this art. I think I made the right color choice, they look really good with dolls. My favorite color is blue, but beige also looks good. If I had to repeat this, I would make the panels a little shorter and the bottom a little higher. In the future I want to do more design, experiment with your colors.


I see this wallpaper as a way to add variety and detail to my photos, while dolls are still the main attraction. Most of my crafts are not perfect և they have some flaws, but they will not be as visible on the camera as I will not be able to take some photos. However, I still want to improve my technique, my art.

It took me a long time to complete this project, not because it was difficult, but because I was pursuing other things. I started with the walls before the squares you saw in my last post.

As with any future project, I have a few wall colors I want to do. I'm actually working on another wall to finish soon. In addition to the walls, I have to try to design more floors, because so far I have only been black and white. I think it can be very easy to create a marble texture. I also had to work on some furniture and decor, such as a pink sofa in a less realistic neutral tone. However, I doubt I will be able to do that before the start of the school year.

We hope you enjoyed this article. Please let me know all your thoughts and opinions in the comments section, as well as future design ideas. I always pay attention to what you say, I try to include it in the following articles.

monster craft



Watch the first part.

How: Mix background


See photo background tags for more background ideas.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url