How to make shabby chic crates for dolls

Hello! How is the end of summer?

I'm still on Mr. Monster's notebook because mine is technical. We know nothing about it, we have not heard anything from you. We are worried that the technical service will be closed in August, that is, I will be without a computer for a whole month. I hope to get it in time before I go to university.

The good thing about not having a computer is that I spend some time talking to Mr. Wilson. A monster that has to work when it needs to. One of the last things I do is take doll-sized boxes of dolls.

Shabby chic doll crate for Barbie

It started from the first base. I cut 5 adhesive sticks into 7.5 cm pieces, then flattened them and glued them with two transverse sticks. I used white glue, it worked great.


Then I cut 4 sticks the width of the narrowest part of the base. When I cut a piece, I like to trim the edges to smooth out some of the imperfections.



Then cut two pieces and glue them to each edge. Repeat for another size. Now we have to have 2 such pieces.


Start gluing the pieces. I used a box of paint to hold it in place while the pieces were drying.


Then cut 6 pieces to get a longer size, glue. I started gluing the bottom, then the top, and finally the middle.


And this is what we have now.


When the glue is completely dry, it's time to paint. I want to give it a luxurious look by using two colors. I chose this as the main color. I used Aculux, the same paint used for the table and chairs.


After 4 hours you can apply the candle where you want the paint to come out. I apply with a thin brush and cotton.


The laundry will dry for about 4 hours. After drying, it is time to apply the second color. This time I chose this acrylic from Americana Decor called Sea Breeze .

Painting with Americana acrylic Sea Breeze

Let the paint dry for at least 2 hours, and then it's time to sand. This time I used a spray (the same one you use to wash the dishes) և it worked much better than a steel spring.


And here it is!


While I waited for everything to dry, I started working on the second box. I did it in the same steps, this time I just reduced it և using only 4 sticks for the base և 3 for the sides.


I also used only two pieces to cut the long sides.


That's why I chose the dark turquoise color I used for the first-hand chair.

painting with Acualux mate turquesa

For the second coat, I chose a light gray Americana Decor called Dove Gray .

Painting with Americana acrylic Dove gray

I did not use as many candles as the other box, it was harder to remove with sand.



Finally here it is.



It took me about 2-3 nights to complete them. The boxes were naturally easy to make, but I needed them most when the paint was dry. The craft is quite simple և very interesting. You can experiment with it և create different speaker designs. I decided to give it a dated look, but you can paint it solid colors or varnish it.


So what do you think? In what profession did you work?

MS:
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url