How to: doll-size wooden pergola

Welcome back! After a long absence! I knew I wouldn't be able to work on the blog for a few weeks, but I didn't expect it to be gone for a few months. In fact, some things need to be taken care of and lack of motivation is a combination. The lack of air conditioning in my room did not help because our temperature was 40ºC. But despite the heat, I worked on this project here and there and it was finally done.


While working on this project I ran into some roadblocks and some bugs that pushed this project beyond my expectations. The good thing about mistakes is that they serve as a learning and reading experience for me. Don't pretend that everything I do is perfect. After posting my design I watched a video on my personal Froggy and in the end not much changed in my design.

Before you start this craft, I must warn you that it is not an easy task and it does have some cracks. However, I will try to suggest some options that may be easier for everyone. This is what I said:

  • Square wooden beam 1 cm thick (25/64 or 0.39 inches).
  • 1 cm thick wooden board. I think they are often used for shaping or cutting.
  • I saw.
  • Eskimo
  • Car. I used white glue and hot glue.
  • Eskimo
  • Stain or hand paint.

Note: All of my craft projects are considered adult. Children should not be supervised by adults.

Had you readmy post on the console , I wouldn't have realized that I was looking for rectangles above and below. But one day with your savings I saw and found a thick wooden craft box. Its length is 2.4 meters (7.87 feet), so I thought it could hold more. At first I bought it to make the bed, but the idea occurred to me and I decided to give it a try. As usual, when I found the option, I found a square wooden stick. To make my life easier, I decided to use a bat and a pigeon for this task.

Pigeon (left) and flapping (right)

The dolls are 30 cm (11.81 inches) long, which would be the perfect size in my opinion. I always start by designing, drawing first and then assembling the details. What does this "ceiling" look like? The distance between the beams (1.97 inches) is 5 x 31 cm


Since the rods are a bit thinner than the battery, I decided to use the inside for the pergola and use the drill bits to make the casing.

I started by measuring and cutting out two dolls of the same size. The saw was a bit stiff because of the size of the bat and I needed Mr. Monster's help. Alternatively, you can use all of these hardwood floors and adjust the distance between the joists.


I then had to redraw my design to make sure the other two exterior details were the perfect size. Due to the irregular spacing and size of the beams, it was 31 cm. Take this time to make sure the shape is perfect, and then cut it in half.

If the parts are not very clean, you can polish the parts to remove the defects.

I glued the parts with white glue and dried them.


It's time to let her go and move on. There was a slight difference from lightning to lightning. Not only did I get cut off, there were minor flaws in the expression above. So I understand why the Phrygian rays are tied at the top.

After the first attempt failed, I had to flatten the adults and use hot glue to hold them in place. There may be a certain amount of hot glue when it dries, so it fills the gap. My case dries up quickly so I had to hurry. Here are the full results.


Now it's time to cut the spine. Using my wrist as a guide, I decided that the ideal size should be 35 cm (13.78 inches). It doesn't protrude too much from the doll's head, so it still shows up in the photo. Cut into 4 pieces.


To do this, if you want to use a wooden toy, you need to make a cardboard base or something else to increase the desired height.

I hot glued the columns together to cure some of the headaches.


For more information I cut some popcorn sticks to hold the column. Honestly, I don't think it really helps his abilities, but it will create the imagination to be strong. I measured 5 cm and then I marked two lines with an angle of 45º.


Cut some of them. You will need 4 or 8 depending on what you want to do.


Instead, keep the popups.


We are here. It has some flaws, but I hope to cover them.


Now comes my favorite part: the painting. In this case, I use water-based paints for wood painted with walnuts. This means that the wood outside the house is protected from the sun, but I don't like the effect of the varnish. I used to sell it when I was working in a DIY store and it is known to be of very good quality.


Always draw wood and melt it with acrylic paint, it will save you money. In my case I got it because I wanted to make a popcorn wood floor and I use it for that.


The image was longer than I expected, but it was worth it.


Now it's time to try out some toys. It took me a while to find the training I was looking for. I came up with a balcony chair made in 2013 to add color to the overall dull background. This is the first image I like.


I wanted to hide flaws and add some plants and flowers to add films of color. I want to find something with small leaves that can wrap around lightning and mimic a tree that grows and grows. I haven't found it yet, but I found this paper flower and it needs to be done now. I found it at TEDi, a German gift shop where you can often find a wide variety of items ranging from candle suppliers to cheap goods.



I started wrapping the beams with wire and then added a few colors here and there.


I took a picture with Chloe to see if it worked. It sounds beautiful, but I think I can really use some flowers and plants.


Overall, I am very satisfied with the results. I like the flat color selected and it looks good in the photo. However, if I had to start over, I would probably do a few things differently.

If you have a permanent diorama or want to create a "dining room" scene, the pergola size is fine, but I think you can run it in a smaller version if you only support photos or have limited storage space. Actually, I mean a different layout, but one with smaller, catchier columns.


All this for me today. I didn't work on any other crafts or projects because I was too attached to this pergola and couldn't focus on anything else. My next post will be a collection of photos, so it gives me time to work on another craft. I have some tea boxes that I can turn into my newspaper racks and maybe I can start working with hardwood. We see what I feel.

I hope you are well. I haven't followed my reading list, so I'll go to some of his blogs to get a "print" to see what he does.

Goodbye.

create monsters


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url