How to: doll-size painted artwork

Hey, I can't believe it's June. I feel like I'm just getting started with the content for 2021, but suddenly we're halfway there. It seems like I'm doing almost nothing, but at the same time this is 13th place for the year, 160th place overall. I didn't do anything, but the to-do list never seemed to end. But I got distracted.

I mentioned that I made a painting in my last photo collection, I will do a tutorial. Since the project is relatively easy, I decided to work on some sections to give my readers more options and ideas. So I hope you like it.


This position is planned for the end of May, but I'm taking two courses starting on the same day: "I don't want to spend any more time in front of the computer after I graduate." Since study time was limited, I had to hurry if I wanted to graduate. Also, I had a headache recently and couldn't sleep. I hope I'm better now so let's get into this craft.

For this job you will need:

  • Cereal or biscuit boxes.
  • Scissors.
  • wood glue
  • sandpaper.
  • Handmade brush.
  • Arau

I cut out a cereal box and started drawing a rectangle. I chose 3.75 x 2.76 inches (9.5 x 7 cm) because I wanted it to look like a large work of art without being too big. 3 piece box.

Glue the parts together with glue and let them dry for a while.


When the glue has dried, smooth the edges with fine sandpaper. be nice


I gave it a white acrylic paint to set the foundation for my painting.


I saw some doll size illustrations on Instagram @barbiestyle and thought I could do a similar version so I decided to give it a try. You can see the original release of Barbie Style . I decided to make my own version so I chose a different color. I used Americana Acrylics Coral Blush because I wanted it to be bright and colorful.


Then I also chose Americana Acrylics for Sea Breeze . I made some brush strokes, mostly from the ground. I then applied some paint to mimic the original.


Looking at it now, it doesn't look like Barbie's style, but I wasn't mad at the time.

I made this first recording in April and didn't start working on the other two until mid-May. I'm working on my latest post, so I don't have the time or space to work. But in the end I cleaned up my crafting table and got to work.

With the other two I tried to do something different. I was pretty happy with the size of my first painting, so I decided to make it the same size. If you have worked once, you have to work twice. I painted and cut the other 3 pieces.


Third, I decided I really needed to learn how to do it right. I made it 6 x 7.5 cm (2.36 x 2.95 inches). I painted and cut the pieces.


I did the same for the first one. Glue the remaining pieces of sand so that everything is smooth.

Now it's my time to paint my favorite part. For the larger ones I cover them with white acrylic and let them dry.


I wanted to do something retrospective about it, so I searched for something like "retrospective master drawing" and started drawing my own as a guide. I'm not the best at painting, but I want to try. If you are unsure about your drawings, you can always print them out to transfer your drawings onto branded paper.


When I'm happy with my drawing, I gently erase the lines so they don't blur. I removed the rubber scraps and started painting the leaves with acrylic paint and a fine brush.


The color I use is the Festive Green from Americana Acrylics . It came in a set of 16 colors which I received for Christmas which was perfect for this project.


I ended up painting most of the master leaving room for the master's veins to stick out. I used a bit of yellow mixed with green to make the stripes stand out but to paint them. 


I then used some dark green ( Forest Green ) to create a shadow under the accent towards the middle.


We have achieved that. I'll just have to clean it someday with white acrylic, whatever you call it. AtelierniShasha reminds me of some of the paintings he made for his art shop (although his paintings are much better).


For the latter, I would like to do something different, but I don't know exactly what. I knew I wanted something that fit with today's trends and could also be sold at Urban Outfitters . I searched the internet for inspiration and finally found something on Etsy. I don't remember the name of the store. I didn't find the link but I googled it for "contemporary art". Similar images can be found at Kate Decor Prints Arteex , both on Etsy.

I also gave him the first layer of Americana Light Buttermilk , which is cream/white. Then I started drawing some lines with my free hand. I used Aculux in orange, darker not too light. I've never painted anything so I'm completely off it.

Drawing orange lines

Once I was happy with the dark orange outline, I added some detail to the light orange. What I use is Bright Orange , again from Americana Acrylics .

This is the bottom line. I am very happy with it.

Here are three photos. They are very different, aren't they?

Now it's time to test how they look at the camera. First I set up my dove gray wall and took it to Victoria for ideas.

Or I tried, let's take a look at the abstract look of a dove gray wall. Tate is delighted to have this new work of art at home.

I prefer my gray background to look a bit boring so I decided to shoot the rest of the image with the Sea Glass wall adding a subtle shade of green. I love how the greenery works with the walls.

Let's see what a boho retro box looks like.


I think I need the big builds I already have, but for now I'm happy with the results. I tried to liven up my background as I find it quite blank at times - the artwork helps cover up the blank areas on the wall.

By the way, remember I told you that Feedburner is going to stop working soon? I found an alternative: Follow.it , but I'm still trying to solve the problem. I managed to find my email. Mailing list but they are mostly spam accounts so I still don't know who subscribed to the email with a few exceptions. I haven't subscribed to anyone yet. So if you want to subscribe yourself , there's a box in the sidebar where you can send your email. You should notify me every time I send it, maybe in a few hours.

I hope you enjoy this post. I'm not sure what to do but I have an idea for a specific photo so I can write a detailed note. I finally got a piece so I'll start sewing right away. In one of my projects there was a bed so I had to make some pillows. It looks like a perfect sewing project for beginners.

So guys, what do you think of this project? Do you work in puppet theaters?

I hope everyone is safe and healthy.

monster craft


For other craft designs, follow doll etiquette .

Update January 2022. I just posted a video on YouTube talking about the fourth actor . Subscribe to my channel to learn more about video tutorials.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url