How to: doll-size painted artwork

Wow, I can not believe it's June! It seems like I'm just starting out with the content I planned for 2021, but suddenly we're in the middle of the year. There seems to be almost nothing for me to do, but it's my 13th place this year at the same time, and 160th overall. It's not like I did nothing, but the to-do list never ends. But I run.

In my latest photo collection, I mentioned that I had prepared a drawn artwork and was going to prepare a manual. Since it was a fairly simple project, I decided to work on a few more sections to give my readers more choices and ideas. So I hope you like them.


This post was supposed to be ready by the end of May, but I signed up for two courses that started on the same day and I do not want to spend any more time on the computer after graduation. Time to complete any of the courses is limited, so if I want to get this degree, I have to hurry. Also, I had a severe headache a few days ago and could not help but fall asleep. Luckily I feel better, so let's do this art.

For this craft you need:

  • A box of cereal or biscuits.
  • Scissors.
  • Gum stick.
  • Sand paper.
  • Handmade colors and brushes.
  • Ruler.

I start by cutting out the grain box and drawing a rectangle. I decided to make it 9.5 x 7 cm (3.75 x 2.76 inches) because I want it to look like a large work of art without looking bulky. 3 Weigh and cut.

Glue the pieces together with a glue stick and let them dry by pressing them with a small weight.


After the glue is dry, sand the edges with fine sandpaper. Be nice with this.


I covered it with white acrylic paint to create the base for the paint.


I saw some pop size photos on Instagram @barbiestyle and thought I might do a similar version of it, so I decided to give it a try. You can see the original post about Barbie's style . I decided to make my own version, then I decided to choose a different color. I use Americana Acrylics Coral Blush because I want them to be shiny and colorful.


I then switched from Americana Acrylics to Sea Breeze . I did a few brush strokes, mostly starting from the bottom up. I then sprayed some paint to mimic the original material.


Upon reflection, I realize it's not quite Barbie style, but I did not get angry then.

I painted the first picture in April and only started working on the other two in mid-May. I was working on my last post, so I did not have the time or space to work on it. But in the end, I cleaned the workbench and got to work.

I tried to create something different for the other two. I was very happy with the size of my first photo, so I decided to take another photo of the same size. If it worked once, it should work twice. I redesigned and cut out 3.


For the third one, I decided to make it a little smaller so I could try something different. I made it 6 x 7.5 cm (2.36 x 2.95 inches). I pulled and cut into pieces.


I did the same with the first one. Glue the pieces together and smooth the edges to make everything smooth.

Now it's time for my favorite part: drawing. For the long ones, I applied a layer of white acrylic and let it dry.


For that, I wanted to do something tropical, so I googled something like “tropical leaf drawing,” took the photo as a guide, and started drawing my own. I'm not the best at drawing, but I want to try. If you are unsure about the drawing, you can always print your own picture and copy it with tracing paper.


Satisfied with my photo, I carefully erased the lines to blur it so there was no problem masking it. I removed the leftover chewing gum and went back to painting the leaves with acrylic paint and a thin brush.


I use American Acrylics Festive Green . It was in a set of 16 colors that I bought for Christmas and was very useful for this project.


When I finished, I repainted much of the leaf, leaving some space to highlight and draw the veins of the leaf. For the accent I used yellow mixed with green, and also to draw the veins. 


Then I used a little dark green ( Forest Green ) to create shadows below the highlights and closer to the center of the leaf.


Here's what we have. I just need to brush and finish it with white acrylic. It reminds me of some AtelierniShasha paintings for an art shop (she's better at it).


I wanted to do something different last time, but I did not know exactly what. I knew I wanted something modern that could be sold by Urban Outfitters . I searched the web for inspiration and finally found something on Etsy. I can not remember the name of the store and can not find the link, but I did a Google search for "modern art". Similar works can be found on Etsy, Kate Decor Prints and Arteex .

To do this, I gave her the first coat of Creamy / White Americana Open Buttermilk . Then I started drawing lines with my free hand. I use Aculux in a darker, less vibrant orange . I have not smoked anything yet, so I am here immediately.

Drawing orange lines

I was happy with the dark orange lines and added some details with a lighter orange color. I use Bright Orange from Americana Acrylics again.

This is the final result. I am very happy with this.

Let's look at three images. They are completely different, do not you think?

Now it's time to dump her and move on. First, I built my pigeon gray wall and invited Victoria to come up with an idea.

Although I've tried it before, let's see what the abstract Dove Gray looks like against a wall. Tate is delighted to have this new artwork in the home.

Although I like it, I find my gray background a bit dull, so I decided to take the rest of the photos with a sea glass wall , which adds a bit of green. I love the way the plants and greenery in the painting mix in the wall.

Let's now look at what tropical and bohemian paintings look like.


I think I will need an art that matches what I have, but so far I am happy with the result. I try to make my backgrounds more saturated because sometimes it seems very empty to me and the images help to fill in the blank spaces in the wall.

Also remember I told you Feedburner will stop working soon? I found an alternative, Follow.it , but I still fix everything with it. I managed to find a list of my email subscribers, but it turned out that most of them were spam accounts, so I still do not know who signed up for the email, except for a few. I did not follow anyone again, so if you want to follow again , you can find a box in the sidebar where you can send your email. I need to be conscious every time, maybe after a few hours.

I hope you enjoyed this article. I do not know what to do next, but I have an idea for a specific picture so I can continue to write a detailed article. I finally managed to get some material, so I will start sewing soon. One of my projects is about a couch, so I need to make some pillows. It looks like the perfect sewing project for beginners.

So what do you think of this project? Are you working on a doll-related project?

I hope you are all healthy and well.

monstrous ship


Subscribe to the puppet marker for other craft projects.

Update January 2022: I just posted a YouTube video about the 4th project. Subscribe to my channel for more video tutorials.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url