Getting new bodies

Hello dear doll collectors!

If you've been following this blog for a few weeks, you probably already know that I wanted to update the Made to Move body of some stylists and finally got it right this morning. I was a little scared because I was a very clumsy person, but the result was amazing and I couldn't be happier.


Made To Move rebody LA Girl Donut Top

I know that some of you already have dolls (I'm not talking about you, Phyllis *blink*) and there is a lot of information on the Internet on how to do it. So, in this post, I'm not going to teach you how to do this, this is my first refactoring experience.
First of all, let's introduce the puppets that appear in this article. Here are the ladies with new bodies: Fashionistas LA Girl and Donut Top .

Barbie Fashionistas Charlie Bell Elizabeth

These are the girls who generously donated their bodies: Made To Move Teresa-Bambi and Lea.

Made To Move Lea Teresa rebody

That's why I've read on some blogs and discussion forums that the best way to remove a doll's head is to heat it until it's soft and you can squeeze it out easily. There seem to be several ways, but I decided to submerge the doll in hot water with a plastic bag so she doesn't get wet. It all started with Teresa/Bambi.

Made to move rebody Teresa Blue top

Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky and both the bowl I used and the bags had holes and made a huge mess. After a moment of rage and with the help of the wolf god, I was able to clear everything and move forward with my new body.

how to rebody a Barbie doll


It was very difficult to get Teresa's head out, and I needed the help of the wolf god, but in the end she got away with the head. I don't know if you can appreciate it, but there was a disgusting amount of glue on the neckband.


How to remove a doll's head


The water was a bit cold and I microwaved it for a few seconds before starting with the donut. Actually, I warmed up the water before using the other doll.

Doll rebody method

I soon realized that my fiancee's first mistake was that the water was not hot enough because the stylist's head softened faster and came out easily.

Fashionista Donut Top Charlie Bell rebody

Now let's place our heads in the new body. Ram!

Made to move rebody Donut top Carly Bell

Now it's time for Lin to get into the water.


In general, I think Made to Move heads are hard to get off Fashionist heads. However, I failed to behead.


And again, there was a lot of glue on Len's pen.


How to rebody a Barbie doll

The head of the girl from Los Angeles was very soft before immersion in water and came out very easily.


Now it's time to put LA's head on Made To Move.


Finally, I have two fully expressive fashion designers.

Made To Move rebody LA Girl Donut Top

Now Los Angeles can touch the unshaven part of the girl's hair.




I am very happy with this project and the fact that something went wrong gave me the confidence to try more personal projects. During this project, I also learned two things:

1) Keep a towel or paper towels with you at all times. Even if you put the doll in a bag, the table will get wet.

2) Don't try to pull the doll by the head towards the water bowl. Sounds stupid, but I didn't notice and hit the bowl when Lynn tugged at his head.


What do you think? Are you ok, what re-render method are you using?

MS
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url