Doll Review: DC Super Hero Girls Starfire

Good morning to all! Happy July, especially to everyone in the United States who is celebrating the 4th of July!
Today is the time to take a look at my latest DC Super Hero Girls doll, Starfire. Yes, I'm actually collecting DC Super Hero Girls right now, even though I said I would not collect them. Starfire is my fifth DC Super Hero Girls doll and if you are interested you can see all my Super Hero Girls related items here .


Starfire is an alien warrior princess of the planet Tamaran, her real name is Coriander (which sounds very funny to me). In the DC Super Hero Girls show, she somehow has a portal that connects to her planet. Its superpower is flight, power and its bright explosions, called Star Arrows. Also when it flies it burns its hair and it is very beautiful.

The DC Super Hero Girls boxes have not changed much and remain the same shape, with the logo at the top and the girl's image at the bottom right.


Speaking of artwork, I generally love it, but I'm not too crazy about Starfire.


The only difference I noticed is that there are currently no side images on the boxes, and that's completely understandable. I think cardboard is too expensive for Mattel.


At the back of the box you can read about it ... in many languages.


Finally, Starfire is out of the box.

DC Super Hero Girls Starfire Review

It seems like DC Super Hero Girls mostly wear the same shape, with the only differences being skin color and skin tone. Starfire has light orange skin, green eyes and purple makeup. She also has purple eyebrows, which is odd since her hair is orange. Also on photos and other media, her eyebrows match her hair color, so I wonder why they colored it purple?




He has very long, straight orange hair. she also mixes some shades of orange, underneath, with her canary yellow hair. It is in a fairly good condition and looks very soft, but can be rooted more widely.


In the cartoon, she has bleached hair, which is almost impossible to do on a mass-produced doll, but I think if they had cut her hair shorter and mixed more shades of orange and yellow, it would have been much better. It's quite nice, but could have been better.


She wears a sleeveless purple dress with a metal design on the front. It's the only thing about her with more detail about the doll than the cartoon. The dress is adorned with a pointed silver belt with a green jewel in the middle.


He also wears a purple armor-inspired backpack. which has a green jewel on the front. In the illustration, the finish is painted silver, but the shape of the artwork is cooler on the head than on the artwork. The bad thing about these straps is that they restrict the movement of the doll's hands.


Her boots are my favorite part of the doll. These are long purple boots with a detail on the side, which to me looks a lot like rain boots. I wish they had a detail like a silver finish on top to match his belt and give him a more militant look.


On her arms, Starfire has two silver bracelets with rhinestone details that give her the military touch she needs.


Starfire also has a green star on her left hand. I first thought you should open it to get his hand out, but pull lightly.


I was surprised to discover that his hand inside the star ray was not shaped like a fist as in his work, but was open. His fingers look a little damaged from the starlight, but I think they will be in place again.


Overall, I think Starfire is a good doll, not as detailed as Wonder Woman or Bumblebee , but still good. It's pretty clear to me that Mattel is cutting the budget for the Super Hero Girls dolls because the student card is no longer printed on both sides.

 
In a previous post, Barb expressed concern about Starfire's appearance and I can see why. The point is not that the cartoon is very detailed and those details did not make the doll definitive, even her design in the cartoon could be better. The DC Super Hero Girls website says that Starfire is a fashion man, but her outfit does not look very fashionable. I think at first Starfire was supposed to be just a background, then she moved on to a bigger character, but her corporate image was already pretty simple. However, when they saw the shiny side of it, they added some small details to the last doll, which I think improved the overall design of the doll slightly.


I think Starfire is a beautiful doll and is great to have, especially if you want to complement your collection. However, I think there are some things that can be improved, but it's still fun to take photos and play with.


So what do you think of Starfire? Which characters do you most look forward to seeing from this collection?

MRS

PS This is my 20th post this year ... and the 100th post of my life. I look forward to sharing another 100 posts with you! Thank you so much for your help!


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url