Doll Review: Barbie Fashionistas Tall "Plaid on Plaid"

Hi! I hope you enjoy your 4th of July celebrations. did you do anything special?


Today is the time to present the newest Barbie costume, #52 Cage on Cage from the 2017 Fashionista series. I bought this from Amazon as a quirky fashionista alternative with pink hair and quivering eyes. Let's get to the rankings.

All Fashionista boxes have the same design, but each box has a different background, and this box has a checkerboard design to match the doll's outfit.


A large Barbie figure is marked on the back of the box to let you know that this girl has a large build.


Finally, here it is:


The plaid has brown skin, brown eyes, and red lipstick. He has a very smiling face and I'm not sure about his head. At first I thought it was Raquel but her smile looks really big, could it be Teresa? Anyway, it was really hard for me to take photos at first because he was looking at the camera and his smile wasn't weird, but I think I finally got it.


Dark wavy curly hair, pulled back on one side and tied with a rubber band. It doesn't look greasy or messy, but feels a bit stiff due to the styling product.


Her outfit is way better than Ice Cream's slow outfit style . The head is a wide tee of red and dark blue. I like the form design.


He also wears cute yellow plaid shorts. The shorts have no Velcro on the back, but an elastic waistband. Both pieces are great and although I wouldn't wear them myself, they look really good for a doll.


The plaid shoes are a pair of dark blue high heels with lots of stripes. I love the design of these shoes and I think they are very versatile and at least match the color of the outfit.


The latest accessory has a chrome plated gold bracelet with buttons. It's actually really funny.


In short, I think Plaid on Plaid is really a pretty doll. However, I was very disappointed when I received it because it didn't look like the prototype. She had a pretty face, but somehow the prototype looked more attractive.



I think this new Barbie body is a hit, as are the new faces and various dolls, so I hope Mattel goes a step further and gives us some female action figures.


Now that you're part of the Barbie family, Plaid on Plaid needs a name, so name suggestions are welcome.


I have some ideas for future posts as well as a few video tutorials. I also brought home some new backgrounds for pop photography and something really special... Below is a quick overview of the backgrounds.


So what do you think about plaid or plaid? What would you like to see in the Barbie series in the future?

woman
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url