A touch of glitter

Have you ever wanted to do something unusual with your blood? Personally, I like to try something new when it comes to photographing dolls, like going out. I also like to experiment with new background colors, as you can see in my Pop of Color posts. So, since I saw the Ever After High image with a shiny background, I wanted to try it on myself. In September I bought a glossy cardboard from a stationery and bought 3 pieces but I didn't have time to take a picture. Then, a few days ago, I browsed through my Instagram posts and noticed that 90% of my photos have a dark blue background that I use for reviews. So it's finally time to try something new!


Barbie Fashionistas LA Girl

The first wallpaper: black cardboard with sequins. I chose black because I wanted a neutral color that would suit most dolls. Above you can see how Victoria looks in the background.


The first thing I thought when I received it was that it would fit perfectly with pop star Katie Noir's style. And it really is!


Monster High Catty Noir Scaremester


Plus, McCale looks like a rock star!


Project MC2 McKeyla McAllister


The second background is light silver. It looks pretty white and I would have preferred something darker, but it was the only silver shade available. I thought this would be the perfect option for Darling Charming. However, I feel the doll "doesn't really come out and I didn't really like the photos. This is what Mr. Monster and I liked the most:


Ever After High Signature Darling Charming

Since Grace 's clothes had a little bit of silver, I thought she would look beautiful, but her dark skin color slightly blurs the background. However, I think she looks beautiful in this photo.


Barbie Style Luxe Grace

It looks darker than Spectra's white skin.


Monster High Spectra Vondergeist Picture Day

The third and final shiny background is brown. I like this color, but I think it's my most unloved color. However, I think it fits the beautiful Ginger Bredhouse theme.


Ever After High Ginger Breadhouse

In this context, I couldn't find a doll that made me very happy. I wanted to add some DC Supergirls to the shots, but it didn't feel like they fit the background. Since it's an earthy tone, I tried it with Poison Ivy . They look cute, but I'm not that happy with these photos.


DC Super Hero Girls Poison Ivy

I even brought my coffin, Bina Toraleya, for the shoot.


Monster High Toralei Coffin Bean doll photography

My last go was for Chloe, who ended up looking like in a chocolate commercial.


Barbie MTM rebodied Fashionista


Even if I'm not very happy with the brown color, the eye-catching wallpapers are really fun and give them a different color. My favorite black. There were more affordable colors, like hot pink, but I wanted something more neutral that would suit most dolls. I've also seen that there is some glossy foam, but I think cardboard is better for photography.

So what do you use to photograph dolls? Which dolls would you use for each color?

Mrs.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url