Doll Review: Barbie Fashionistas Petite "Sweet for Silver" (Kira)

Good morning all!

For several days I didn't want to write because I was a little mad at Barbie. Anyway, I bought one of the new Barbie Look dolls on Amazon when it came back to its "reasonable" price, but when I got it I was amazed. I bought one that didn't show up on Saturday, as I expected, I had to wait until Monday. The new doll doesn't look too shocking, but I can see her asymmetrical face. In the midst of all this shocking situation the second doll is late, I'm not excited enough about it. She posted a weird eye photo on Twitter without comment, Mattel said! Anyway, I didn't explain myself beforehand.


Fortunately, today's review doll is not that bad. Please welcome everyone to Barbie Fashionista 62 "Sweet for Silver", known to some fans as Kira. Kira was Barbie's Asian friend, and Barbie appeared in many ranks in the 1980s and 1990s. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the name Kira first appeared in the late '80s or early '90s, and early Asian friends had other names like Miku or Dana. However, at some point, Keira Barbie appeared offline, with many fans waiting for her return. And she is!

Although all Fashionistas boxes are identical, I would like to show you a picture. His chest has stars on the back and the number on the top right. You don't need to show your back.


Aaaand...that's it!



Kira has brown skin, almond brown eyes, bushy eyebrows, and pink lips. Not to mention that Kira uses the scalpel. She's pretty, but I think her eyes should be a little tight together.



And yes, it is celebrated in 1980.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the Kira dolls I remember had brown or very dark brown hair. This one has light/dark hair. It is very subtle, but mixing different shades, it is very beautiful.


Her hair is cut in a large braid. I liked it when I saw it in the prototype, but I don't like it, so maybe I'll tweak it again. The background is also a bit confusing.


She wears a light pink headband on her hair that looks like a manicure.


She wears a white shirt with a silver polka dot skirt around her neck. Don't ask me why his pocket straps are attached to his bungee.


The lining looks a bit wide, I think it should have some decorative stitches on the side.


Kira wears a pair of Doc Martin shoes with mint green heels. The design of the shoes is very beautiful, but the color does not match the style.


The strange thing about this doll is that her shoes are flat, but her legs are high heels. strange.



I hadn't mentioned her before, but when I opened the box, her shoes were in the wrong place. Looks like someone at Mattel was too lazy to push a little.


Despite my rough body, I am very happy with my Kira doll. I've wanted a Kira doll since a young age, I was a bit obsessed with it. When I saw Barbie in the magazine, I showed her to my mom and told her she was beautiful. I haven't had a Kira doll since I was a kid, and I'm so glad I got this one.


I think Mattel made a smart move by releasing this Kira doll. Many Barbie fans, especially adult collectors, wanted a comeback. Since they were a favorite character, they could have given her a more elaborate doll, but being so popular it would probably sell well. And hopefully, if it sells well, we'll have an articulated version.



So what do you think of Kira? Did you get it when you were a kid?

poison:
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url