Doll review: Boo York Boo York Nefera de Nile

Hello, my dear doll lovers.
As I said in a previous post, I won't be able to share as many times as I did this summer because I'm back in college and don't have much time to play with dolls. However, a few weeks ago, Mr. Monster gave me this amazing birthday present and I think it deserves to be released. Yes, you are right, the gift was a cute doll named Bo Bo Bu York Nefer de Nile .


Like many Monster High fans, I wanted a second Nefera de Nile doll, so I couldn't contain my excitement when the first photos of the Boo York Boo York dolls were released (you can read my post for Doll Observers by clicking here ). . However, there are some things about this doll that I don't completely agree with. If you want to know why, you should keep reading.

Let's start with the box. Like many of the new Monster High series, the Boo York Boo York series also has a box design made of less cardboard and more plastic which allows the doll to see better. Also, these boxes are easier to open, which is safer for small children.

Boo York Nefera box

Unlike other lines, such as Monster Exchange , the box does not have the image of a doll, but depicts the skyline of an owl that advertises the film.


It says on the box. "Download her holiday blog from Monsterhigh.com." . I don't really know if I liked the idea or not, but at least we European collectors can read the whole diary instead of just reading the first note of the diary in many languages.

Remove the plastic to see the person more closely.


Nefer holds this purple pyramid, the comet he used to cause corruption in the film. I like the way it fits in the box, holding the crystal in your hand.


Eventually, I was able to get Neffer out of the box.


His grandson has delicate skin, purple eyes, and jewels on his left cheek. Her makeup is inspired by ancient Egyptian makeup and her brows give her a bad expression.

Monster High Nefera de Nile Boo York

This gorgeous turquoise hair color in Nefer (actually one of my favorite Monster High hair colors). Mostly shiny copper hair on the front of the head.


The hair is quite soft and densely rooted. She has a big knot, I didn't notice it when I took the photo, but in general her hair is very nice.


Put on this beautiful hat with two snakes holding crystals ... it's glued to these horrible plastic details. It would be a nightmare to delete them.


Nefera wore a snake-inspired turquoise dress and luxurious gold armor. Inspired by crystals, I love the snake elbow details.



Her unarmored dress is beautiful, but simple enough. Neferi really didn't care about anything more pharaonic.


She wears gold earrings, but they are painted in a different golden color from her armor, I don't like the contrast they create. I think it would be better if the bottom of the earrings were painted black or turquoise.


Wear turquoise sandals with eagle stripes. The egg on the heel is like a crystal. I think her shoes are great, but they can use more painted details like gold heels.


His grandson has gloves that cover his entire arm. The fingers are slightly darker than the rest of the skin. I can imagine one of the Mattels saying, "Yeah, it's a Nefer doll, they're going to get it anyway."


One of the things that caught my eye in this doll is that her natural scars are fully visible on this dress. I always thought he was scarred because he didn't want anyone to know he wasn't perfect. I hope we can learn more about Neffer in future films or other works of art.


There are some differences between this Nefer brand. One of the first things that caught my attention was her slightly different skin tone. The Nefera signature leather has a golden sheen, while Boo York Nefera's skin tone looks more silver. Also, Nefer's bulging eyes are wider, so her face looks completely different.

Boo York signature Nefera comparison

The hair of the two dolls is the same color, the only difference is that Nefer's shiny hair is golden-yellow and Bo York Nefer's is copper.


I like both Nefer dolls, I think they are both cute, but Bo-York, Bo-Nefer looks more like Klea than Nefer Nefer. The original Nefera looks more like a quality doll. Personally, I am very happy that both versions are in my collection.

I think in general, Boo York, Boo Nefer is a great doll with nice details, but at the same time I think Mattel is easy with this doll because they could make a great doll.

Boo York Nefera comet cristal

Overall, I think Boo York Boo York is a good line, because this is a great opportunity for those who don't have a chance to get the original version. I hope that in future lines of the Neferi Monster School we will see more of them developing her personality than "Cleo's big bad sister".


What do you think of Neferi? Have you added it to your collection?

Write to your blog soon.

MRS:

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url