Doll review: Barbie Looks model 2 (curvy)

Hello, welcome to the First Doll Review 2022. I haven't reviewed the doll in over a year as I reviewed BMR in February 2021 with a redhead male so it's about time. I used to do background reviews, but now I don't do much because I don't buy a lot of toys. That's because I don't have a lot of money to spend on dolls anymore, but I'm not interested in anything on the market these days. However, a few months ago Mattel put together this Barbie Looks collection, this particular doll was just for me.

Barbie Looks 2 sitting on an orange and yellow backdrop



For those of you who don't like Barbie , the Lux line is a 6-line doll school starting in summer 2021 (see here ). This series seems to be a homage to the Barbie Basics series since 2009, but refines the body and sculpts a new face. Three new dolls appeared later that year.

The initial retail price of this doll was $20, which is about $15-$17 for the first doll made to be worn by dolls. In Spain, this doll costs 30 euros, which is about 33 dollars. It's not uncommon for dolls to blow up after entering a European store (in other parts of the world) but all I can say is that from my experience here they often double up. However, when BMR arrived in Spain in 1959, it was sold for 30 euros, compared to 30 dollars in the United States. I hope that in this case we can keep up with this trend so that future versions of Matel will be priced the same. You can do this because you did it with BMR dummies. Confused by this pricing decision, I made this post. ( I would like to point out that I don't write memes about this doll, but it all boils down to Matt's price. For example, the Barbie Star Wars doll went from $100 to $180 in the US).

Girl struggling to do maths

As I said, I was a little relieved to see that they were selling for 30 euros on Amazon , the first European retailer I found wanted to double their original price of 40 euros. I didn't pay for this doll myself as it was a gift from Monster, I'm not sure how much he paid for this doll. However, it looks like it's going to sell for less than 25, so I'm guessing it's being paid for something close to its original retail price.

But let's start with a reasonable argument - the pricing. This new key doll comes in a clear white front pouch. Very simple but brilliant I like it very much. The packaging doesn't always have to be overwhelming, especially at this price point.


On the back of the box we see the rest of the toys in this series. I found that number 2 is the only one in the spiral body. Sorry for the awful picture. Until I started working on this article, I didn't realize how bad some of these images were. The pictures were taken on different days, so you may notice some quality differences, so I apologize in advance.


First, look at the beautiful woman in that box.


He uses a new font called Ele that was created for this font. When I first saw this doll I thought it was a picture of Selma but it is brand new. Since I don't have a doll with Selma's picture, I can't take a comparison photo to see if it's the same.


The makeup is very neutral but has a certain metallic feel, especially gold. For some reason her makeup reminds me of Dolly, one of my favorite participants in Glow Up Chapter 3. Her distinctive face is the smoky eyes with gold inner corners that she often wears on her Instagram . The doll was more dramatic, but her golden touch reminded me of her. If you're unfamiliar with the show, it's a cosmetics competition broadcast by the BBC in the UK, but you can catch it on Netflix in other countries. Contestants are given weekly makeup challenges such as magazine photo shoots or TV show special effects. Participants disappear every week.

But this post isn't about glow up , it's a reference to dolls, so let's get back to dolls. She wears a simple sweater that hugs the back of her silver ankle boots. It was the best picture he had ever seen. Simple but with the right design I think it can look great. I especially like tops, thought I could use them as a guide for future bikini tops or soft dresses.


These ankle boots are close. I don't remember seeing it before, so maybe it's a new design.


As I mentioned earlier, it uses the body to move the body, giving it a wider stance. The first day I took a picture I could hardly find a picture that made me happy. The joints may also feel stiff, which doesn't help. But when I decided to return it a few days ago, it was so soft.



Maybe I really like this doll. I think that's a big plus for me because it's so different from other dolls. I think this font is a great concept, I like the idea of ​​taking the basics of barbie theory and moving the body. The original retail price ($20) is great for a complete toy that comes with a stable. However, it is a little more expensive than 30 euros, which is not very expensive, but it is a little more expensive. It's the only genre I'm willing to pay full price for, like Second Wave Blues (coincidentally available in Spain). The rest is fine, but I personally didn't pay full price for any of them. If you go, I'm not saying you're wrong, it's not a matter of personal preference and budget at this point.

Elle with her hands on her hips. Orange and yellow background

I really hope Mattel will continue to release dolls along these lines. I know I can't buy everything myself, but it's good to see more dolls designed for different skin color doll bodies. I don't think they should keep adding new statues, which is great, but I'd like to see some statues that haven't been used in a long time, like the Anna/Lara statues. I hope you don't throw the ball into that river like you usually do on some good chances.

Let's end this article with a little personal note. I don't really think I've talked about it, but I've had migraine attacks for a while. They've really gotten out of control, but over the last few months (over the years I think) they've gotten worse. I went to a new doctor and he gave me birth control pills to help me get back to normal. It has some side effects, but one of the biggest is that it affects your ability to concentrate. I'm already distracted, I don't have the best time management skills, so I'm concerned that this drug will effectively leave my carrots. What worries me the most is that this drug will affect my ability to post content there especially on blogs as English is not my first language but because I really suffer from migraines. Don't worry, it's been planned for a few months. Please note that I will not be able to keep regular notes for a few months.

Barbie Looks curvy outdoors

And that rounds off this doll review beautifully. What do you think of calligraphy dolls in general? Did you find any of this? let me know

I don't have a design for my next post. I'm currently trying to finish a sewing project that I'll be sharing with a very specific post soon. I also wanted to take a picture of some little dolls, film the process of creating a YouTube channel and here I thought I could write a custom post with the finished product. But with all of the above I don't want to make any promises until I see how it goes.

I hope everything is ok, we will meet as soon as possible.

monster behavior

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url