Doll review: Barbie Fashionistas Petite "Crazy for Coral"

Hello my doll friends. How is April?

I try to stick to my "one post a month" schedule, so I thought this week would be perfect as I have a vacation and more free time.

Today I am reviewing my first Barbie. Crazy for Coral from the Barbie Fashionistas series. This doll comes from the latest fashion wave and includes three new body shapes. I've talked about these new elements before in this blog, you can read my thoughts here . Crazy for Coral One of these new features is known as "Little", meaning she is smaller than regular Barbie dolls.

So let's start with the box. This new series of fashion followers has simple thin boxes printed on the "fashion" on the left. There isn't much information about the doll in the box, only the number. I noticed that the word "small" does not appear anywhere.

Barbie fashionista doll review crazy for coral petite

On the back of the box we see all the fashion followers in this series.

Barbie Fashionistas box new bodies

If we remove the plastic, we will see better.

Barbie fashionista crazy for coral review

I have a negative comment on this box. As usual, the dolls' heads were attached to the back of the box with those disgusting plastic items, and the only way to get rid of them was to rip open the box. I hate those plastic things, they make doll hair worse. Seriously Mattel, you should always use these. Are you afraid that the doll will run away?

So I finally got rid of him. He's there.

Doll review Crazy for Coral

She has a beautiful face. I'm no Barbie head tax collector, but I think she uses Skipper's head sculpt, so there may be good reasons to remember Skipper.

Crazy for Coral fashionista review

Her hair looks bigger than the ads, but I like it that way.

Crazy for Coral petite fashionista review

And thankfully, despite the creepy plastic box, her hair section is pretty.
Petite Barbie fashionista review

Dressed in a coral pink dress with a gold pattern. The chest cover is attached at the point of the neck. The dress is beautiful but not too chic.

Wear this gold bracelet.




This doll has flat legs. She is the first Barbie with flat feet. I think those golden shoes are a luxury.


The bad thing about these fashionistas is that they can't express themselves. I used to think her knees would bend a bit like the dolls of my childhood, but that wasn't the case. So he can only sit like that.


Barbie fashionista doll review

I had a hard time presenting her because I was used to integral dolls, like Monster High or Barbie Style Luxe. Her elbows are bent and she can touch her hair.

Barbie Fashionista Crazy For Coral Petite

Like I said before, this doll is smaller than the average Barbie. I compared it to the Style Luxe Midge. Since Mid doesn't want to stand on his own, this is the best photo I can take.

Barbie fashionista Style Luxe Midge

Overall I think it's a nice toy, but there are some things that could be better, like the bent knees. The doll has no accessories, not even a bag. However, I'm glad that Mattel released these new features because they can easily add a lot of functionality to the Barbie line. I hope this overall series will be a success, which will give us more fashion through the items described.

Barbie Fashionista Petite review

By the way, the new fashion followers do not have official names, so this is currently not the case. I plan to call her Courtney by one of Skipper's friends. What do you think?

See you soon on the blog.

MC matrix
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url