Doll Review: Barbie Fashionistas Petite "Sweet for Silver" (Kira)

hello there!

I was a little upset with the Barbie doll, so I hesitated to write for several days. Long story short, I bought one of the new Barbie Look dolls when I returned from Amazon at an "affordable" price, but I was shocked when I bought it. I bought another one that didn't arrive on Saturday and I had to wait until Monday. The new doll does not look strange, but I can see that her face is not balanced. Despite all the difficulties and the delay with the second Dimi, I was not as happy as I should have been. I'm posting a picture of a man with confused eyes on Twitter, no comment yet. However, I have an extra dummy and the error is back to Amazon store.


Fortunately, the dolls in question were not disturbed all this time. Welcome to Sweet for Silver Barbie Fashionistas no. The 62-year-old is known to some fans as Kira. Kira is Barbie Asian's friend, starring in several Barbie series in the 80's and 90's. I'm not 100% sure but I think the name Kira came in the late 80's or early 90's and Barbie Asian friends had other names like Miko or Dana. But suddenly Kira was removed from the Barbie line, and many fans were waiting for his return. And here it is!

Although all Fashionista boxes look the same, I want to show you a photo. There is a star on the back of the box and a number on the top right. You do not have to show your back.


Ahhhh .... that's it!



Kira has dark skin, almond-brown eyes, thick eyebrows and pale lips. Needless to say, he used a rental head sculpture. She is beautiful, but I think her eyes should be a little more integrated.



And yes, it was listed in 1980.


Correct me if I am wrong, but all the rental dolls I remember have black or very dark brown hair. She has light yellow / dark yellow hair. It's very subtle but very cool with a few sounds.


Her hair is tied in a knot. I like to see it in prototype, but I'm not happy with it, so I might do it again. The back is also slightly stretched.


She wore a pink pin-up style band over her head.


The dress consists of a white sleeveless shirt with a black embroidered neckline and a silver skirt. Don't ask me why the jumper has a rubber band.


I think their overall outfit is a bit narrow and they should have a seam allowance on the sides.


Kira wears Doc Martin boots with mint green toenails. The design of the shoes is great, but the color does not match the model.


The amazing feature of this doll is that her shoes are straight and her legs are heeled. Stranger.



I haven’t mentioned it before, but when I opened the box, the shoes were in the wrong place. Apparently, someone in Mattel was too lazy to push them a little.


Despite being stubborn, I really enjoyed the rent. As a kid, I used to love renting a doll and I was a little curious about it. Every time I saw her in Barbie magazine, I showed her my mother and told her she was beautiful. I never bought a Kiru doll as a child and I am happy to have this version as an adult.


I think Mattel is making a smart move by releasing this rental doll. Many Barbie fans, especially old collectors, are eagerly awaiting her return. Because she was a very popular character, they probably should have given her a more detailed doll, but because she was so popular, she could still sell well. And if it sells well, I hope we get a stronger version.



What do you think about rent? Did you have such a person when you were little?

Mrs.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url