Doll Furniture: Coffee Table

Hello everyone! How are you

Unfortunately, I didn't share them for a long time, but work on this ship took longer than expected, and my computer crashed, and I had to send it to maintenance. I don't have a personal computer at the moment, so I'm writing from Mr. Monster's laptop. I hope to get it back so I can post it more regularly.

How to do barbie furniture Grace

I started doing this job a few days ago. I would like to open a dollhouse in the future, but I believe it is a very ambitious project that needs to be completed before going to university. So I'm working on a beaded box inspired by small furniture and a My Froggy Stuff video. I wish this coffee table was as old-fashioned as any piece of furniture you can find in a beach house (some may call it old-fashioned chic). Want to know how I did? Let's start.

I started by cutting an 11 x 7 cm rectangle out of a cookie tin to use as a template. Then saw about 6 or 8. Then cut and glue.


I want to show the top like a blackboard, so I'm going to draw them down to the very last. I draw a rectangle 1 cm from the outer line inside the board.


I then divided the inner rectangle into 1cm wide strips.




How to make a doll coffee table

I also draw small lines from the outer rectangle to the inner edges.

Now is the time to cut the pieces.








How to make a doll table

Once all the pieces have been cut, it's time to glue the rectangle.





Sorry for the blurry image on your phone.

Legs have become necessary, so draw strips 1 cm wide and cut them into 6 cm long pieces. I cut 6 or 7 from each leg and then glue them together.


After it was completely dry, I sanded the edges to smooth them.


Wipe off the dust then put your feet up. I glued them at a distance of 1 cm from the edge.





Waiting for the glue to dry. I cut thin 0.5cm strips to fit between the table legs. I cut 4 on each side of the table then continue as before.




It starts to look like a table.

How to make a doll shabby chic coffee table

When everything is completely dry, it's time to start painting. I chose this color from F o lk Art called Light Barwinkle (the same American ?) . I think this color has stopped now because I didn't see it in the new color chart, but it sat in my local store for a while.




I wanted to give this table a dull or old fashioned look that is very stylish today. Usually, if you want to do this 1:1 effect on furniture, you apply a bit of clear wax to the areas where you want the paint to go, and I did that. Sorry I didn't paint, but I did the edges, and in some places I waxed with a thin brush.

The wax dries in 2 to 4 hours, after this work you can paint. I painted it white with acrylic paint, the same brand I used in previous posts. The white doesn't cover as much as the other two colors I use, but I don't mind that as I wanted the table to look old.



How to make a doll shabby chic coffee table

Once the paint is dry, sand the edges and waxed areas to remove the paint. I used a combination of steel wool, nail file and sandpaper. I thought steel wool was the best, but the dye was hard to get off. Camp sands are better, but some areas are inaccessible.


How to make Barbie shabby chic furniture

And finally our job is done.



Although I didn't get the 100% results as expected, I'm very happy with this project. Maybe use pine wax for the next project instead of wood wax. I will also try to find the best sandpaper option.


I made this painting because I wanted to stage it in a summer house or in the living room for pictures of dolls. Today I don't have more living room furniture than this pink sofa from Ikea, but it will give you an idea.



I hope to be able to blog soon, but Sir, I use a Monster computer and sometimes I need it, so I don't know if I can write.

So what do you think of my coffee table? Did you do any DIY?

MRS

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url