Doll Furniture: Coffee Table

Goodbye! How are you?

Sorry I did not post for a long time, but this product took me longer than expected, plus my computer crashed and I had to send it to the technical service. I do not have my computer right now, so I'm writing this from Mr. Monster's laptop. Hope I can get it soon so I can post more regularly.

How to do barbie furniture Grace

A few days ago I started making this product. I would like to make a dollhouse in the future, but I think it is a very ambitious project to complete before I go to college. So I'm working on small furniture and a cereal room inspired by the "My Froggy Stuff" video. I wanted this coffee table to have a worn look (some might call it elegant wet) like the furniture you find in a beach house. Want to know how I did it? Let's begin.

I started by cutting an 11x7 cm rectangle out of a box of biscuits to use as a template. Then I drew some parts, 6 or 8 parts, then I cut them and glued them.


I want the top to look like slabs, so I will paint them in the last part. I draw a rectangle inside the table at a distance of 1 cm from the outer line.


Then I divided the inner rectangle into strips 1 cm wide each.




How to make a doll coffee table

I also draw small lines from the outer corners of the rectangle to the inner corners.

Now is the time to cut the pieces.








How to make a doll table

Once you have cut all the pieces, it is time to glue them to the rectangle.





Sorry for the vague phone picture.

The table needs legs, so draw strips 1cm wide and then cut into 6cm long pieces. Cut 6 or 7 pieces for each leg and then glue them together.


When everything was completely dry, I smoothed the edges to make them smooth.


Clean the dust and then stick your feet in place. I glued them at a distance of 1 cm from the edge.





Waiting for the adhesive to dry. I cut some thin strips 0.5 cm wide so that they pass between the legs of the table. I cut 4 from each side of the table and continue as before.




It starts to look like a table

How to make a doll shabby chic coffee table

When everything is completely dry, it is time to paint. I chose this color from Folk Art (is it the same as Americana ?) Called Light Periwinkle . I think this paint is now out of production as I have not seen it on the new color chart but they are still in one of my local paint shops.




I wanted to give this table a worn or consumed look, which is very fashionable today. Usually, if you want to do this effect on 1: 1 furniture, apply a little clean wax to the area where you want the paint to come off, and that's what I did. Sorry I did not photograph this but put some wax with a thin brush around the edges and some areas.

The wax takes 2 to 4 hours to dry, so once you are done, you can paint the top. I painted it with white acrylic paint of the same brand as the previous posts. White does not seem to cover as much as the other two colors I used, but since I wanted the table to look old it did not matter.



How to make a doll shabby chic coffee table

When the paint is dry, smooth the edges and the place where you applied the wax to remove the paint. I used steel wool, a nail file and an abrasive pad. I thought steel wool was the best, but the paint was hard to remove. The block shines better, but some areas with it are inaccessible.


How to make Barbie shabby chic furniture

And we're finally done.



I am very happy with this project even if it did not go 100% as I expected. Maybe for the next project I will use candle wax instead of wood wax. I will also try to find the best option for grinding.


I made this table because I want to put it in a country house or living room to take pictures of dolls. At the moment I have no more living room furniture than this pink Ikea sofa, but it will give you an idea.



I hope to be able to blog soon but use Mr. Monster's computer and sometimes he needs it, so I do not know if I can post.

So what do you think of my coffee table? Have you made any products?

RS

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url