Doll furniture: the chair

Goodbye! What did you do?

Finally I was able to finish my place! Yes, it took a while, but it's finally here. It may not seem like much at first, but I'm glad I did. It's not perfect, but I'm not very smart, so I think I got it right.

How to make a doll chair


In the text on the table, I showed a picture where you see a chair and two sticks. The manufacturing process of the seat is similar to that of the top and bottom of the table. I started drawing patterns on paper and then copied them into the grain box. I think I did 6-8 more or less. So I cut out the pieces and glued them on.



When everything is glued, I adjust the edges.



From the top of the chair, I cut out two round pieces so that the back seats and chair legs are glued together.




Then I cut out wooden pegs for the legs and back of the chair. I tried to do it with a pin, but it left marks on the wood, so I used a small saw. You can see the tracks on the contacts on the right side of the picture.



I measured the height of the foot using the doll as a guide and marked it. Then I shortened the front legs. I had nothing to hold a stick in my hand, so when I saw it, I had to ask the demon god to take it. Don't worry, I didn't cut it next to my table, I took this photo to show the type of saw I use.


Since I wasn't perfect, I nailed the ends of the cutouts.


After that, it's time to put everything in its place. This time I used PVA glue and the result was much better. You can also use PVA glue with a brush, which will give you more precision.


Making a chair for a doll

It's time to put the wand back in place. Let's start below. To be honest, I had a really hard time sticking to small pieces because I didn't have a very good pulse.


Well, now it's starting to look like a chair.


The last two parts are very tricky because I have to make sure they get fixed. In fact, when I tried several times to insert the second part, the first part stuck with me...



When the glue is completely dry, you can start painting.

Pintando con acualux mate


Painting with Acualux Mate Titan

I really like the color I use, Aculux, a Spanish manufacturer of Titan. This hand-painted water-based paint has the same adhesive as water-based enamel and looks very high quality.


Acualux Mate Titan Turquesa marron

And finally, there is a fully painted chair here. The color seems a little lighter than I expected, but I'm happy with the result.

Doll chair

When I tried on the doll chair, I noticed that its legs were a little longer. I have to adjust to my next place.



So what do you think? Are there any tips for future work? Have you been working on something?

M.K.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url