8 things I'd love to see from Mattel in 2019

Greetings again!

I know I should compose my "How to Make a Doll" TV video, but I'd rather write more. Honestly, that's not what I meant when I said I'd like to write a review, but thanks to Barbie's latest article, The Evil Genius , I got the idea.




I know it's too early to say Christmas wishes, but here's a list of things I'd like to see from Mattel in 2019. Spoiler alert, part of which is attached to the joint.

Made with rooted hair and to move Kenny in at least 4 different skin tones . Seriously, I think Ken deserves more attention in the Barbie franchise. I understand that people generally prefer female dolls, but I'm sure if they give Ken an interesting design, it will also sell well. Of course, I would also like to see Kenny's slim body with MTM finish, but we will leave that for 2020.

The body is small and long, so it can move . It was Mattel time. Yeah, that all sounds pretty bad to me. Looks like BT isn't for me either. But please don't make them hard to find or just in stock.

A curved line designed to move 3 or 4 different skin tones . As one of the hottest new bodies, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a hit. We have biased fashionistas for makeup.

Luxury fashionistas are in tune with articulate bodies in "decent quality" fashion clothing. You can even create themed channels: "spring", "back to school", "night out"... The possibilities are endless. Which brings me to the next point

Bring back the fashion! Remember the days of Fashion Avenue? It was incredible! The quality was excellent, and sometimes they had a theme. There were even clothes for Chelsea (later for Kelly). You can even coordinate them with the current theme of the model line that I mentioned earlier.

No other "one size fits all". because it's actually more like a "wrong size". I would very much like to see unique designs for each body type. They could always invent a little line to test the water, and when they do, they expand it.

More complex shapes in general. I'm sure Mattel has the potential to excite us, but sometimes they get too confident. 90's games were great, nothing seemed that crazy. There was even a mail game.

Start listening to your fans. There are many blogger collectors who are very fond of expressing their honest opinion and making suggestions. And to be honest, many collectors demand quite simple things like the right quality of their products: more comfortable dolls.


Not that I think Mattel is doing everything wrong, but I think there is a lot of room for improvement. And of course, this article is mainly based on my personal opinion and taste in doll collecting, but I can say that many collectors think the same as me. If anyone at Mattel ever reads this article (I hope so!), I hope they'll take it as constructive criticism and start doing something about it. They will never please everyone, but I know they can do better.

So what do you want to see from Mattel in 2019? Do you agree with my list?


MC:

PS I don't know if you noticed, but I added a "Puppets" tab to the top of my blog so you can find all my creations there.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url