Wainscot for warm and cozy scenes

Hello again! Happy December! I can't believe Christmas is coming up. I haven't done anything about Christmas yet, but to be honest, I don't feel very inspired to take Christmas-themed photos or crafts. I have some crafts I want to do this fall, especially before the end of the year.


People who visit my blog often know that I make removable panels to add a little variety to my simple backgrounds. I had already done one in dark gray and the other in bright coral , but I wanted to do something warm and inspiring. Fun fact, it was supposed to happen at the end of October or beginning of November, but we are already in December. That's why I had to change the title from Autumn Scenes to Warm and Comfort. Having done this twice already, I won't go too deep into the process, but I will write down the dimensions of everything. If this is your first time here and you need more information about the process, feel free to check out my previous posts and if you have any questions.

As always, we use the same consumables:

  • Connection plate / gray board.
  • Cut with a sharp knife.
  • Glue stick and PVA glue.
  • Gesso or other primer.
  • Paints and brushes for crafts.
  • grain box.
I made a large piece 16.5cm tall and the same width as my wall. The upper crossbar measures 1.5 cm and the lower one 2 cm. In inches , it will be 6.5 inches taller for the base piece. The top will be 0.59 inches and the bottom will be 0.79 inches. In this photo, all the details are cut, primed and glued with PVA glue.



I made vertical bars 1.2 cm (0.47 inches) wide. I always cut strips from the grain box and glue them. This time I will glue 3 pieces instead of the usual four to give a little more height. Remember to sand the edges to keep them smooth.



He also left a distance of less than 9 cm (3.5 inches) between them. In this way, the vertical bars are glued and ready to be painted.



I photographed it with Burnt Orange from Americana Acrylics . I bought it mainly because it was completely different than the colors I chose, and I really wanted to use it because I bought it.


The color is a bit more speckled than I expected. In the right corner you can see how it looks with two layers, and the rest with a single layer.


When I was done I painted a new skin next to the other two so you could see the differences between the three designs. I am amazed how different colors and a few tweaks here and there can make them look different.



I took some photos of it to see what it would look like. With two coats, you can still see some blemishes, but I don't think they'll look too bad.


Since I haven't started taking vacation photos yet, I decided to add a glowing thumbnail for some of the photos. To be honest, I haven't taken as many photos of my art as I usually do, but you'll see more of it in future posts.


The wall in all my photos is the same. This is Light Mocha from Americana , but it looks a little different in some photos.


We hope you enjoy this semi-tutorial on this painting. Personally, I like how it looks, it's completely different from what I usually do. I have two other designs in mind, but I wanted to use popsicle sticks for one, and after my adventures with hardwood floors, I decided to put them aside for a while. But before that I want to make another design on this design and paint it with Folk Art Light Periwinkle which you can see below.



I don't think I'll do any character before Christmas unless it's fast and small. The main reason for this is that I hope to get new colors like the Christmas / Three Kings presents, so I want to wait until then to start planning future projects. You know, new colors can give me new ideas. But I hope to come back with some vacation photos before Christmas.

I hope you are healthy and enjoying the start of the holiday season.

Craft show.


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url