Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

Again doll lovers. How is your winter?

Man, I got it this summer. Finally, we started renovating our house. We are engaged in meetings with contractors and the selection of materials. At first I was frustrated that I could not see the progress, but now I see that it is moving slowly. And "Mr Monster" I got sick a few weeks ago, which does not leave much time for the puppet game. Finally, I am here with a new blog post.


Generation Girl Lara Nichelle Barbie Travelin House

Barbie recently posted her childhood toy on her blog. In that post, I told this group, I thought it would be fun to show you guys. Also, Bar, I hope you don't mind if I mention your support in 4 of the last 5 blog posts. If you are a child or just want Barbie dolls, I hope you are interested. get started!



Barbie traveling house playset 1995


This is Barbie Travel Home. I did not know the name of this collection of dolls, so I started looking for something like Barbie Suitcase. It was made in 1995, but I'm not sure I found it there or maybe in 1996. One of my grandparents was a Christmas present. I do not remember opening it, but I do remember taking it to family dinner on the 26th. Nishel will join us in this exciting collection of games.


Barbie travelin house Nichelle Generation Girls


As you can see, outside the house, the house looks like a suitcase. It has wheels at the bottom and with this handle you can move your player upwards to move it.



Barbie Traveling House

It has several travel theme stickers to highlight the entire trip theme.



Barbie Travelin' House plaset back view

She has this white cover to keep her close. It also has a white handle with some sewing details on it.


Barbie Travelin' home playset 1995


Here's how to unlock it. I remember he brought spare parts but I do not know where they are.


Barbie Travelin house 1995 Inside


From left to right, we have a pink cabinet that reaches to the ceiling - TV. Standing on a white TV with a few working lights.


Barbie Traveling House living room 1995

You can flip the closet The puppet will have a nice bed to sleep on. My desk is white, so I put one of my photos next to my bed to make it look better on camera.




The closet hides this window, this cat is sleeping.





The bed has a small cover that comes out to reveal the pool. I remember coming with a small towel to hang on.


Barbie Traveling house bathtube

You can raise this small platform so that your dolls can sit there while bathing.



We had a TV next to the closet. The TV cabinet has an opening door. You can watch a small video of Barbie minivan released on TV the same year. Exciting fact. In Spain, a minivan is called a "picnic car".




Why do you turn on the TV? There is something useless in it - mirrors (not really hidden behind the TV).



There are two small keys on the table, and when pressed, the phone appears in the music box.




Then we have these pink white boxes. It has a white body. I remember this doll set included a hat and some necklaces that could be attached to the breast.




When you press the white button, your body will rise to open the jewelry box so your doll can store its jewelry inside. You also can't open the boxes one by one, they all open at the same time.




Then we have a wardrobe. There is a small room at the top where you can put a few things. You can hang your clothes on this little round box.


Barbie Travelin House 1995 wardrobe





You can press the small button on the side to remove the strap.

Next, we have a pink shoe platform shelf. The platform stretches, the drawer is fully open.







I found this coat box at home. I don't think it comes with this playlist, but the hook in some of the photos I found looks like this. I always thought it would be a 2 in 1 game released in the early 90's. I have a refrigerator on one side and a laundry room on the other.




I found an ad for this collection of games where you can see it all in action.



I love how the doll sings everything it does. You can also see some of the accessories I mentioned. I remember the hat was pink, but beyond that, the hat they showed was purple. Maybe it's my memory, or maybe it's an option.

You can also see ads for my 2 out of 1 furniture collection here . I only get it in German.


Generation Girls Nichelle Barbie Travelin House

I love this collection of games, it brings back a lot of childhood memories. I love the overall concept of the trip - the look and feel of a real suitcase. I am not a big fan of super pink devices these days, I prefer more realistic colors, but I have no problem.



Ever since I started working on this article, I have been thinking about how to make my own version of this doll. Maybe a cheap or old suitcase with a hard shell on the outside? I wish I had the time, patience and ability.

I hope you enjoyed this retro review, it was a little different for my blog. When I returned to the doll I had been playing with as a child, I looked forward to it. As we moved, I was able to revisit my parents' house, and since then I have been trying to find more toys. Let me know if you are interested in any other retro clues. Let me know if you or someone you know is in this group or has never heard of it. Looks like a version? I wonder if there is an alternative?



College starts in a month I have not written all the articles I want to write. I left out more complex projects this summer, leaving them in February or even next summer. I hope I can write some notes before I go to school, I always wanted to write one or two notes, I left the plan (but I never did). Since I was busy renovating my house, I don't think I would have much time left to write a post so I could leave it on time. Let's see what happens.

So, what do people think about this program? What toys did you have as a child?

careful.

Mrs.

Instagram Facebook Twitter Tumblr:






Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url