Photo Compilation: August 2020


September has just started and I think it's time for the next edition of the Photo Collection. Some of you seem to like my latest compilation , so I thought I'd keep posting this way and do it monthly if I have enough photos, or every few months if I only have a few. The idea is to share here some of the photos I take for Instagram, or even those that have not been published anywhere, with little background.

Let's start with the first photos of August. Technically I posted on July 2, 30 and 31, but I wanted to share them together. Like I said in my previous build, I want to get better at group photos, so I practiced. For these photos I grouped some of my girls together and took some photos in different poses. I've tried to dress all the dolls in clothes that match and don't contrast, but they don't necessarily match. I would love for all the dolls to wear casual clothes and one to wear a fancy dress. Here is the first photo I received.

Barbie Group doll photography True Blue
From left to right: Kim, Dia, Skylar and Victoria.


For the second photo I tried to change the poses a bit, to make them different. It was quite difficult to take these photos because it is quite difficult to get all the dolls to look at the camera.



I added a chair and a few more dolls to change things up a bit.

Above: Victoria, Sasha and Rosie. Next is Kim and Leo.


I also tried something else with Leo, Kim and Victoria and it looked pretty good on my phone but when I edited the photos I found that Leo was too blurry and I threw the photos away.


Using a similar concept, I made the Teewand miniseries you saw in my last post . This was long before he started working on the details of the upholstery. I love this color, it suits different colors and skin tones very well, it is also very suitable for summer.

Barbie doll photography Sea Breeze background
Priya, Leo and Miranda


This was my favorite of all the photos. I like the way Asha poses.

From left to right: Leo, Rosie, Victoria and Asha.


I was invited back to the pool house and was able to photograph the trolleybus. I didn't write a full post here, but I did share a few on Instagram, for example photos of Victoria.



This is my favorite photo of this set. I don't know why, it's just beautiful.

Doll in a pool photography

Kim also had the opportunity to enjoy the pool. I didn't like the pictures I took of him the first time, so I took more.


Before heading out this time, I made a short list of photo ideas to make the most of my time, and Mr. Monster came up with this idea for this particular photo shoot.



The same day I managed to take photos of my dolls in the garden, like this adorable photo of Kim. I think it's great, although natural grass looks a bit disproportionate.


I wanted to take some photos of the dolls interacting with each other instead of posing. I had the idea of ​​a doll photographing another doll. They hurt! The dolls wouldn't stand up despite using a wooden block and it took me so many tries to get it out that it seemed decent to me. I'm still not very happy, but mistakes and mistakes are part of the learning process.



Since Leah already had a camera in hand, I took pictures of her with it. It was not what I expected, but I think everything went well and I am very happy with the result. For anyone curious, I used poster putty to help her hold the camera.



I also attended some Instagram events like the @barbiedreamdivas event for their dolls Ben and Lisa's first wedding anniversary. He announced the event in early July, but I forgot to mark the event invite and completely forgot what it was about and who was hosting it. I found an invitation 2 days before the event and needed a photo quickly. I could go further but this person is always so nice to me and I'm tired of not trying. So I took the props I had at home and took some photos. It's a bit like the nouveau riche adorned themselves in the '90s, but that's the way it is.




The gold frames you see are fancy coasters I bought to sell at a furniture store called Casa. I made this amazing golden ball on a white shelf out of a toilet paper roll following this tutorial . Both dresses were made by Atelierni Shasha but sadly they are no longer made.

Chloe and Victoria


Sometimes I also share photos I take while working on a publication, but I never do the final print. These photos of Frankie Stein and Howlin's 13 Wishes were taken for my post on colored boxes , but I didn't include them because I felt the post was already too long.

Picture day Frankie Stein Blue black and yellow crate
frankie stein


howling Wolf

I also didn't include this photo of my Barbie dolls. In fact, I think I took this photo a few days later.



And these are more or less my photos from August. I'm not really inspired to shoot dolls right now, but I still have materials from previous photo shoots that I post on Instagram. In the last few weeks I have been so focused on crafts that I didn't feel like taking pictures.

My next post will be a craft project I've been working on for a few days. This might be the last craft post I can share before college since writing takes more time and I don't have a lot of free time during the school year. I will try to post as often as possible, but it will be a different type of content. I recently put up a 1959 Kira BMR doll for sale, so let me know if you're interested in a specific listing.

I hope you have enjoyed this post. I'll see you at my neighbor's house.

monster products


You can also enjoy:
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url