Photo Compilation: August 2020


September has just started and I think it's time for another "photoshoot". Some of you guys obviously liked my final compilation so I thought I could keep writing like this and if I have enough pictures I can do something with them within a month and if several months then a few months later. The idea is to share here some photos I took for Instagram and not even post them anywhere with a little story about it.

Let's start with the first photos from August. I technically posted 2 on July 30th and 31st, but wanted to share them all here. As I mentioned in my previous spread, I want to get better at group shots, so I'm practicing. For these shots, I gathered a few of my girls and photographed them in various poses. I tried to dress all the dolls in knitted and contradictory things but not necessarily the same. I think it would be weird if all the dolls wore casual clothes and one of them wore modern clothes. This is my first painting.

Barbie Group doll photography True Blue
Left to right: Kim, Daya, Skyler and Victoria.


For the second take, I tried changing the poses a bit to make it look different. It was very difficult to take these pictures because it was very difficult to get all the dolls to look at the camera.



To change things up a bit I added a chair and some dolls.

Above: Victoria, Sasha and Rosie. Kim and Leah


I also tried something else with Lea, Kim and Victoria and it looked really good on my phone, but when I edited the photos I realized that Lea wasn't in the spotlight too much, so I took the photos.


Using a similar concept, I made a series of Teewand miniatures that I saw in my last post . That was before I started working on the paintings. I love this color, it suits many skin tones and looks very appropriate for summer.

Barbie doll photography Sea Breeze background
Priya, Leah and Miranda


Of all the pictures, this is my favorite. I like Ashan's brand of pretense.

Left to right: Leah, Rosie, Victoria and Asha.


I was invited back to the pool house and was able to take more photos of the dolls. I didn't write a whole article on this topic here, but I share some on Instagram, like photos of Victoria.



This is my favorite picture from the group. I don't know why, it's just beautiful.

Doll in a pool photography

Who is lucky enough to enjoy the pool. I didn't like the photos I took of him the first time, so I took a few more.


Before I went there this time I made a short list of photo ideas to make the most of my time and Mr. Monster came up with an idea for this particular photo.



That day I was able to take some photos of my dolls in the garden, like this one, one of Kim's favorites. I think it looks a bit disproportionate despite the natural grass.


Rather than just standing, I wanted to take some photos showing the dolls interacting with each other. I had an idea for a doll to take pictures of another doll. It was so painful to enter! Even though the dolls used wooden nails, they didn't stand up and I tried so hard to get them out that I found it was worth it. I'm still not happy with it, but mistakes and omissions are part of the learning process.



Lin's camera was already in his hand, so I grabbed it and took a picture. It wasn't planned, but I think everything went well and I'm very happy with the result. I used "insert stickers" to help anyone who wants to take a camera with them.



I've also attended a few Instagram events including barbiedreamdivas , an event hosted by dolls Ben and Lisa to celebrate their first wedding anniversary. The event was announced in early July, but I forgot to mention the invitation to the event and completely forgot what it was about and who was hosting it. I found an invitation two days before the event and had to snap photos quickly. I could walk past but this guy is always so nice to me it made me feel bad without even trying. So I bought props at home and posed for photos. It's like adorning the arms in the '90s, but that's exactly what it is now.




The gold frames you see are some of the modern essentials that I bought from a home decor store called Casa. I made this strange golden ball on a white shelf from a roll of toilet paper following this tutorial . Both dresses were made by Atelierni Shasha but are unfortunately no longer available.

Chloe and Victoria


Sometimes I share photos I took while working on an item, but I never do the last part. These photos of Frankie Stein and Howlin's 13 Wishes were taken for my color article , but I didn't include them because I felt the article was too long.

Picture day Frankie Stein Blue black and yellow crate
Frankie Stein


howling Wolf

I did not add this image for barbie dolls. Actually, I think I took this photo a few days later.



These are approximate photos I took in August. I'm not really inspired to photograph dolls right now, but I still have content from my previous photoshoots to post on Instagram. In the last few weeks I've been so focused on art that I didn't feel like taking photos.

My next post will be a craft project I've been working on for a few days. This might be the last tech post I share before I go to college because writing takes up most of my time and I don't have much free time during the school year. I will try to post as often as possible but it will be a different type of content. I recently purchased a 1959 Kira BMR doll for sale so let me know if you are interested in a specific item.

We hope you enjoy this article. I'll see you when I arrive.

monster ship


You can also enjoy:
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url