How to: new wainscot design (Mix'n'Match backgrounds)

If you've been following my blog for a year or so, you know that I pay close attention to my photos. Sometimes background can make a big difference in your photos: I like the results I get when I start working hard. But I want to keep lots of diorama and scenes for any occasion, I have nowhere to save them and I'm sure some of you will have problems. So I came up with the idea of ​​Mix'n'Match wallpaper , which lets you create different scenes with a few elements that you can combine.


In "Part 2" of the series, I made a white panel dress, or, I liked the effect so much, I thought I could put more effort into my next design. I can't start making more jackets in September և I finally have a chance. And since I found such positive comments in Part 2, it's nice to share it here step by step.

We need the same accessories we used last time for this craft.

  • Connection board.
  • Sharp blade cutter.
  • First:
  • Glue, glue and white glue.
  • Hand drawn
  • Box of grain.

Start cutting the vests to the shape you want. I use the rest of the end, which is already the width of the wall. I made the first one 18 cm long, which looked beautiful while the dolls were standing. But in the pictures I took of the sitting dolls, the color of the walls was rarely seen. So this time I decided to make it a little smaller: 16 cm (6.3 inches). The remaining 17 cm, which I will use to make another jacket.


I cut pieces from top to bottom. The remaining 3 pieces were enough. 1, 1.5 և 2 cm (0.39, 0.59 և 0.79 inches), respectively. I started this craft a long time ago because I can no longer find pictures of the cutting process.

Now it's time to paint everything with universal plaster / primer. Although the plaster has a watery base, it seems to me to have a rather strong odor that lasts for a while, like the smell of a newly painted house. So when I use it, I like to ventilate my craft house for a few hours so that the smell doesn't stay in it for long. Since it is winter here, I would draw my pieces around 10 in the morning to open my room at the warmest time of the day.


Be sure to draw on both sides of the pieces so that they do not bend.

Initially I wanted to use 2 cm cuts 1.5 cm above the bottom, but I thought they would be too large. So I decided to use 1.5 at the bottom and the smallest at the top.


Now is the time to start doing different things lately. I want to add vertical lines to give the outfit more details. Place a few rows in the serial box. I make my 1.2 cm wide (0.47 inches) wide, but you can make it as wide as you want.


I decided to make these rows with serial boxes, not cardboard, because I want them to be smaller than the top. By placing several layers, you can control how thick they will be. But you can use popcorn or something else. Skip this step.

Cut something.


Before I cut them, I took a few to plan how far I would like the shot. I think a gap of 14 cm (5.5 inches) would be better.


Measure the distance from top to bottom চিহ্নিত Mark the lines in the grain box. Cut them off.




I recommend making sure your parts are in position before proceeding.


Assemble all the parts needed to achieve the desired thickness. In my case, I saw that 2 teams would work. I like to use a needle / pin to help them stay together, but don't leave it too long, otherwise it may leave a mark.


When dry, glue with white glue. I start sticking from left to right. I left a gap of 12 cm (4.7 inches) between the edges of the "first level" because I did not want the last part to be so close to the edge.


Take the time to do this part, making sure they are straight so that the glue does not come off the edges. I use a square ruler to make sure everything is OK. This rule is probably as old as mine.

I want to add some weight and let it dry a bit.

Now my favorite part is choosing a color to paint. The color you choose may depend on the colors you choose for your walls. If you have neutral walls, you can create neutral clothing or use it as an alternative to add color or brighten. If you have very bright and colorful walls, you can choose something neutral to smooth. You can combine colored paste with colored wall, it can look great, however, it seems more difficult to paint. Since most of my walls are more colorful, I decided to be neutral with this gray color.


I usually need two coats for a uniform finish, if the surface is not completely smooth then a few touches can be made here or there.


Well, I think we're done.


Now it’s time to see what our new baskets look like on some of our walls. Let's start with the last orchid I made. To add more detail to the scene I added a pink chair and a plant to a basket. Although the pink chairs are not the same color as the wall, they look great together in contrast to the gray.

I tried to keep the dolls close to the camera to see what it would look like from a distance.

I want to see how it compares to other colors, so let's try the blue wall. Leah is very happy with her appearance.


Keep in mind that these wallpapers are primarily intended to add something to your doll's photo, so dolls should be the center of attention.


For some reason, I was curious to see what my beige wall would look like. I like the way I combine the two colors, but I don't think this combination will match my doll or furniture. I think they look very bright. However, with some medieval furniture և I can see how well it looks with other types of dolls.

Finally, my ocean wind wall. I like that combination, but I think Leah got pretty wet with it. Maybe next time it will be possible to fix it with the help of warm lightning.

In the end, I'm very happy with how it turned out. During the development of the project, I was worried for a moment that it would be a bit rough, but sometimes it seems like an ugly trade until the last step. I'd like to return this design to Coral - play with the size of the clothes so you can expect to see them all year round.

Hope everything is OK. The situation here is getting worse, so we are almost isolated at home. As soon as I clicked "Post" on my last post, Mr. Monster told me that he would be working from home in mid-February because his company did not want to take any risks. So now she works in the craft room, and I draw dolls. I have some projects on my list that need resources, but they will be put on hold for a while until everything calms down. It's not a big deal, because I have enough manpower to build at home before March.


I want to know what you think about this project. I hope the instructions are clear, but if you have any questions, please let me know in the comments section or see my previous post. I know in some photos of the work that the lightning was far away, but when I was working with natural light, it could be a surprise. I think there are more backgrounds and dioramas, but if you have any suggestions, they are welcome.

See you in the next post in February. Be careful


Exquisite craftsmanship



Related Articles

Method: Mix'n'Match Part 1:

Coral tops for spring diorama


My cooking blog: Cooking with MC

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url