Watercolor Galaxy Profile Pocket Notebook DIY


DIY Galaxy Outline Pocket Notebook


Create the perfect personal notepad for the owner with a watercolor galaxy outline. This slim laptop is ideal for the mobile industry. Fill it with art paper, watercolor paper, or mixed paper based on your preference. I have been sharing notebooks and journals all week. You can never have too many notebooks!

I learned this fun galaxy technique from Cathy , another member of the Tombo design team. She is the queen of the galaxy! At the Tombo Design Summit I attended in January, I was given a notebook similar to this one. I knew I had to make my own.

If you made it yourself, post it on social media via #doodlecraft so I can view and share it.


Necessary Accessories for Watercolor Galaxy Outline Pocket Notebook:

profile sketch
Half sheet of 80 lb. colored cardstock.
12 half sheets of paper (folded in half)
Sewing machine

Or get this art kit from Tombo that has everything you need!



Start by drawing your profile. I took a selfie from the side... and was shocked at how tight my lips were. Ha ha ha. However, then draw the outline. I used my iPad, but you can easily tap a piece of paper on the laptop screen and trace it.




Once it's marked with a pencil, you're ready to add all the fun stuff.

Watercolor galaxy phase 1:

Use the Tombow glue stick to draw stars, dots, etc. throughout the profile.


Phase 2 watercolor galaxy:

Now add color to the image. First, enter a light pencil color with a double brush.


Then add more colors and little black dots around the edges.


Watercolor galaxy, phase 3:

Now use the water brush to blend the colors, start with the light colors and work your way up to the dark ones.


Then, let the beautiful watercolor galaxy dry completely.


Step 4: Galaxy Watercolor Profile

Now use the MONO Twin permanent marker to trace the outline.


Step 5 Turn the galaxy watercolor outline into a notepad:

Fold a sheet of thick paper in half and a sheet of paper in half. Cut out the profile with scissors, leaving a small white border.


Fold the cardboard and paper and use the sewing machine to sew down the center.


Fold the notebook in half at the sewn end and score firmly on the spine.


Now use the tomboy glue roller to stick the outline of the notebook.


Ready! I think it's so much fun! This is a great way to take a self-portrait without requiring any special drawing skills. It will be a fun summer camp job (books can be sewn ahead of time) or a great night job for the girls!


This is my favorite color! Blue, pink and purple. What does it take to color a galaxy?


That's all!

Like and Share!




See also this butterfly galaxy:
Paint stunning Watercolor Galaxy Silhouettes with the Tombow Creativity Kit.





Facebook Follow me on Pinterest Youtube instagram Twitter
postscript
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url