How to: doll-size hardwood floor

Ever since I started making these “mixed match” posters, I have used the same white ground for most of my photos. For a long time I wanted to create a new floor plan that would add texture to my scenes. Due to the slowness of my work, I could not stay away from other projects. But at the beginning of September the stars rose and I started to make this wooden floor. At first I wanted to make a marble floor, but at the beginning of the fall I thought it would be better with the fall themes.

Chloe on a hardwood floor for the dollhouse

As usual, this post should have been a little earlier, but I had a really bad migraine week after I published my last post.

For this craft you need:

  • Plywood board or wooden board that holds the glue well.
  • Sticky sticks. Approximately 200 use.
  • White glue.
  • Cutting scissors.
  • Varnish or paint (optional).
I use this program, which is often used for school projects. It is affordable - easy to find. My size is 65 x 40 cm (25.59 x 15.75 inches) but now I think I can do it a little bit. At first the board was big but I wanted it to be smaller.

Plywood/craft board


Measure the size you want in your boards. It doesn't take them too long or it takes years to finish the floor. I made my own 9cm (3.54 inches). Remember to protect them.


I suggest cutting some wood before you stick it. So I feel a little bit of glue and I work fast.

Bunch of already cut popsicle sticks


Start attaching the boards in place using white glue.



When you reach the end of the row, you may need to cut to fit the popcorn.


One important thing to remember is that to create a more realistic design, you need to start with a small board in the second row. I do not know if an in-depth explanation is needed, but I will try to explain it as best I can. If something goes awry, we hope the photos add more detail.

The easiest way to do this is to start the second row with a small piece of the same size as the bottom of the last row. You can also start working from the bottom of the list. This only works if a small part is 1/3 և 2/3 of the total size of the board. This is about 1/3 of the full size chart.


I was wondering if this image would be very eye-catching, so I changed it. Instead, I cut the bottom of the first row and started the second row.


For the third row, I started with a small piece similar to the bottom row of the first row.


And then go back to gluing the full size panel.



There are no further instructions here, just continue to cut or glue the wood. He is very lonely, so I was playing in the background while working on a podcast or video on Youtube. I got it on the 5th day.



I worked as a team for 40-60 minutes, and it didn't seem like I was making much progress. Also, I once had a lot of stickers that were wrong. To get the best look I had to open all my bags (I had about 6) - I had to buy 4 4 bags. Here is an example of what some woods look like.



The position of the rods increased some time for the process. I received all the packages from one store and one brand, but not all bags were of the same quality. About 2/3 of the bag had to be thrown into one. I tried to use some bugs for the smaller parts so that they would not be a total waste, but there were still many that I could not use.

Finally, two weeks after I started, I was able to finish it.



I made a few mistakes here and there, the gap between some boards is too big so I try to fix it with putty.


I used a plastic spoon and a piece of cardboard to help put Putty in there. I did not fill in all the blanks, only the ones I found most obvious. After the filler has dried , sand with sand if necessary.



Now is the time to draw everyone. I am using this water-based waltz paint I used earlier on the puppet size Pergola .

Cedria dekor-lasur in nogal/walnut


I use a brush to apply as thin a layer as possible. Some people like to wear clothes when they use stains, but you decide. Just be sure to paint in the direction of the wood.

Half stained floor

Here is the complete result. It looks very confusing in this image, but it looks better in real life.

Stained floor


Now is the time to try it on with our dolls. I didn't feel very inspired, so it took me a while to find the bullets that I was happy with. First I want to see what it looks like on a sea glass wall . Here is Leah's photo.

Lea sitting on a chair in a sea glass living room

I was not sure when to draw this combination, but now I really like it when I look at the pictures.

Chloe sitting on a hardwood floor. Sea glass wall


I wanted to try a completely different background, so I went to Orchid Wall. Although I liked the first photo in this post, I'm not sure about this combination.


One of the reasons I went with this color was because I wanted something more elegant on a neutral wall coral dress . So to see what it looks like, I tried to combine the dove gray wall and skirt. The floor looks beautiful in coral but I think it makes the walls cooler than before.


I just sat on the floor with my dolls just to show them.


This craft was a lot of work, but overall I was completely satisfied with the result. I want to do something with a cool voice in the future, but I may not do it next time. At the same time, I have other ideas for floors that I hope will not last long. I don't want to see popcorn for a while.

In the next article I have prepared samples of all acrylic paints. The idea is not only to choose the best colors for the projects, but also to make sure that the colors have a real dry color to prevent them from entering the store. I have different color brands so it doesn't help to remember the names. Even in a single brand, they can be almost the same color (guilty American ). I also don't remember the colors as we think so I think it will help me.


These are not all my colors, but most of them. As I worked on this post for a while and bought them for a while, I'm just not happy with all the metal colors - here are a few others.

I hope you enjoyed reading this project because I really had to finish it forever. I have a lot of ideas - projects that I want to do in the fall, but I think I would prefer to expand in the next two weeks. If I don't take it seriously, I will never learn. I can't wait to say, "I have nothing left" because I always have something to do.

I wish you a happy week - see you next time.

Tinker Monsters

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url